cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 17.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 5/15/2020: Hey everyone - thanks again for your patience during this rollout. The team just pushed out an update to those of you who have already received the v17 software update. This new build should resolve the blue screen crashes that some of you have reported. We have also pushed this same update to the PTC channel to those of you who have hit this issue on PTC but have not yet received the live version. Please do continue to let us know if you experience any problems with this new update using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software and by contacting customer support. Thank you!

---

Social Reporting

• We’ve made usability improvements to the in-VR reporting flow

Oculus Link

• You can now control audio and mic settings for Oculus Link directly from your Quest.
  • During setup, the Oculus desktop app will now let you know if your USB cable meets the standards required to power Link.
  • General stability improvements

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some Rift users would join a party and couldn’t be heard by other party members. 
153 REPLIES 153

amirtamadon
Honored Guest
I'm getting white noise screen inside the headset. Is that normal?

iu23b171bxbr.png

lensmandave
Superstar

iu23b171bxbr.png

I think what you are seeing there is the pass through camera view of your surroundings. It's a grey grainy representation of your immediate environment. That's normal 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

kojack
MVP
MVP

iu23b171bxbr.png

I think what you are seeing there is the pass through camera view of your surroundings. It's a grey grainy representation of your immediate environment. That's normal 🙂

Unless the headset is sitting face down on carpet, that image looks like the static that happens when the cameras aren't working.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

GamingTC2
Protege
I don't opt in to beta.  Yesterday I had the normal update to v17, a few hours later v17.1 and today it returned to v16.  All by itself.
Does anyone else have this problem?

maxstep
Explorer
Rift S is only picked up as usb 2.0 instead of 3.0 - nothing helps. Had same issue in PTC 17. x99 asus mobo with built in asmedia controller.

Doc_62
Explorer
Things would be easier if Oculus just came out and said:
We know there is a problem with the latest update. We are working hard to rectify the situation and we hope to be able to push out a fix soon.

bitzie
Expert Protege
Holy crap. Finally got build 17 and it actually got rid of the micro stutters I was having previously. Too little too late though. Put my order in for an Index. It's time to ditch the Oculus ecosystem.

Richooal
Consultant

maxstep said:

Rift S is only picked up as usb 2.0 instead of 3.0 - nothing helps. Had same issue in PTC 17. x99 asus mobo with built in asmedia controller.

Did you read this post from page 3? .................

Hey folks - I'm asking the team about the USB 3 warning message that some of you are seeing on Rift / Rift S. In the meantime, could those of you who are newly and unexpectedly seeing the warning (i.e. you've confirmed that your headset is actually plugged into a USB 3 port rather than a USB 2 port) please use the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the desktop software to submit a bug report. Please be sure to tick the box allowing your system information to be submitted along with the report. This is hugely helpful for our investigation - thank you!

i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

dhrto
Expert Protege
Crap, in the end I received the update too. Oculus App Version 17.0.0.183.462 (17.0.0.183.462). Et voila:
p20383qd03w6.png
gyl2nb6liwwz.png
Time to file a report and take another look at the Index.

reward
Honored Guest
Bonjour, j'ai eu une mise à jour V17 et je ne peut plus jouer à X-plane. comme d'habitute le technicien de Oculus m'a demandé de faire une reset factory, cela n'a rien changé, comme d'habitude. 
Pourriez-vous me dire comment on reviens à la v16 et comment on bloque les mises à jour.
Bien cordialement