cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit crashes, battery life less than 90 min

QBeyes
Honored Guest
I have had this unit for less than a week.  At least a dozen times, it suddenly goes black and can only be brought back to life by restarting it.  Also the battery last less than 90 minutes.  Would returning it for a replacement solve these issues?

3 REPLIES 3

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
No, 90 minutes seems about right.  If you want longer runtimes you can either connect the supplied charger to it while playing or use an external battery pack.  I use an inexpensive 10000mah pack and this can easily add a few hours runtime.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

QBeyes
Honored Guest
Thanks for that, I have discovered that work around but the crashes make me think my unit may be defective.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

QBeyes said:

Thanks for that, I have discovered that work around but the crashes make me think my unit may be defective.

If you think it's a problem contact Oculus Support and start a ticket.  They are usually very helpful.  One thing they may suggest to you is to fully charge it up and do a factory reset, then set it all up again.  Refer to the top sticky on this Go subforum.  Good luck mate.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers