cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to add friends or play games with them when I do not have a Facebook account?

Black_Jack_62
Honored Guest
Is there any way that I can add friends or respond to their invites when I do not have a Facebook account?

My son recently bought a Quest and I would like to play game with him, but I will not get a Facebook account.  I have not ever had a Facebook account and I certainly will not get a Facebook account for any reason.
32 REPLIES 32

wuzp
Rising Star

...I have been banned from Facebook because they say I do not meet their social standards...

Pray tell, how is that?  Seriously, tell us.

I was resisting the urge to ask.

wuzp
Rising Star

I was resisting the urge to ask.

I was waiting for him to say something like denied because... registered offender... or something like that.

😮

wuzp
Rising Star
That's really the only "standards thing" I can think of for being denied a Facefook account.

Knightshot42
Explorer
Hey guys I am 66 and opinionated and take my freedoms seriously. As outspoken as I may be I am also big on stats and playing by the rules.  I did post an article about the Nobel Scientist that Facebook intercepted and claimed to be fake news, but it was a real article and his findings have been rebuked by some and that to me is censorship. I posted a Canadian flag upside down as a social protest which is totally legal in Canada although it may be offensive to those who don't realize a flag represents the state a country is in at any given moment.  So for whatever reason they remove essential gaming features that should not require status at any Social Networking sites.  That is about the worst thing I can think of I did on Facebook and for that that they have deleted 14 years of memories and disconnected me with my family and friends. This system should be stand alone with an option to additionally integrate FB for features they may wish to offer but I can't see this as a good business move by making Oculus a closed house system. Then again I do have my steam games.   But to take over a company and then deny the features to people who grandfathered in and spent a lot of money because for they don't feel the personal meets the social standards of their Social Networking site is just plain criminal in my book.  I have a few friends on here, my buddy across town just bought one so we can game together and we can't even figure out how to do an invite. Regardless am I missing something here? Is there a way to invite my grand kids and wife into games on my Oculus without a Facebook membership?  I can live without Facebook but  taking away services I paid for is another thing 😞

Knightshot42
Explorer
"I was waiting for him to say something like denied because... registered offender... or something like that"
Just a bit more background on myself.  I have two married daughters, my wife (3rd) is 14 years younger than myself and has two kids one married and in our combined families I have a son, three daughters, two grand sons and one grand daughter and we all were having a great time when they visited playing on the two Oculus systems we have here.  I am respected within our town and have contributed to community quite a bit over the years. It would appear the only people that do not like me are Facebook. However one of my friends from the USA just posted a note that Facebook has been censoring negative posts about our prime minister and I did share a post and my comments on many occasions <stating my political opinions>.  So this is who I am as well as an avid gamer, grandfather, father and husband. Denying me the services for which I bought the headset is nothing less than stealing in my book!

Just to avoid a ban on this forum, you'll need to play by the rules we have which are pinned to the first page. Although Facebook now owns Oculus, the rules pre-date that so you may find some even less to your liking than Facebook's!
Anyway, political discussions including those about gun control would be a no-no. Everywhere has rules, ours seem to work ok.

Knightshot42
Explorer
Thanks.  That was not a discussion about the guns. It was a response to the question as to what I thought FB might have banned me for because I really do not know.  This is actually the first time I have even used the forum.  I just want to play my games with my grand kids and friends and use the features I started out with. I did read the rules before posting. Would you like me to edit the post ?

Yeah, I understand the context but maybe just to say it was about gun control without repeating the views would have been a good way to keep within the rules. Anyway, let's move on.