cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Oculus headset can I connect to a single powerfull PC simultaniuosly?

robvaz5857
Honored Guest
Hey guys, I'm an educational software developer and I want to know how many Oculus Googles can be connected and used at the ssame time to a single powerfull PC? I want to build a laboratory and I want to know if can use a server with terminals and connect multiples Oculus headset at the same time with differents desktops(users)? I will buy a couple hundreds if it works to a single PC.
26 REPLIES 26

cybereality
Grand Champion
No, I don't believe virtual machines will work as they don't typically have direct access to the GPU (at least not without some complex configurations) so VR won't function. And, even assuming it would work (I don't think it would), VR is usually very intensive graphically and it's already a struggle to hit 90fps with one app running dedicated on a PC, so running two or more 3D apps (plus the VM overhead) on one machine does not seem feasible.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

drdreddful
Explorer

Hey guys, I'm an educational software developer and I want to know how many Oculus Googles can be connected and used at the ssame time to a single powerfull PC? I want to build a laboratory and I want to know if can use a server with terminals and connect multiples Oculus headset at the same time with differents desktops(users)? I will buy a couple hundreds if it works to a single PC.

Might be able to use it with a VM machine, but simultaneously on one PC might not play well with the resources, good luck be curious to see if you get it working  

Tiberius1272
Explorer
I wonder if Ibik Astor would work with multiple GPUs in one PC with multi headsets.  Might need an add in USB 3.0 card too.

https://www.ibik.ru/

Eradicator99
Protege
In time, the tech will evolve. I built a KA machine last Mar but waited for the latest Rift update to buy the tech. I'd love to take my sweetheart into the ole west to resend some zombies to their maker but we just aren't there yet.....it will come.

I built my 1st machine for my home in '81, 8086 or 8088? chip(was more than a moment ago)......I'm loving the evolution over the past 40 years......but it hasn't been the "accepters" who have driven it, it has been the innovators, the guys who "rig things up" to make them work, who solve the next puzzle.....to them, thank you!

erad

QuantumIAI
Honored Guest
I believe I should be able to run two rifts off one machine. My desktop has an i9 processor, 16gb RAM, NVIDIA 2080 w/16gb RAM. I have 8 3.0 USB ports and the 2080 has 4 DCI(?) and 1 HDMI output.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe the title of this thread should be changed to;

How many Oculus forum one post wonders does it take to change a light bulb?

Just kidding, my bad, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

kojack
MVP
MVP

I believe I should be able to run two rifts off one machine. My desktop has an i9 processor, 16gb RAM, NVIDIA 2080 w/16gb RAM. I have 8 3.0 USB ports and the 2080 has 4 DCI(?) and 1 HDMI output.

To quote myself from the top of this thread: "The Oculus runtime only supports a single headset on a PC."
That is still true. It doesn't matter what your hardware is, the Oculus runtime only supports a single headset on a PC.

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2