Did you mean: 

Oculus Link still stuttering

Anonymous
Not applicable
My PC
GTX 1660 Super 6gb
Ryzen 7 1770x
8gb ram

I'm on v14 on pc and quest, but link still stutters. Playing half life alyx on steam and saints and sinners on the Oculus store shows stutters galore, some lasting longer than others. In Alyx's case, it's worse in large open areas and where there's some heavy lighting effects. In titles like gorn and even in Oculus home Link runs fine, but Half Life Alyx is almost unplayable. I tried to attach a short clip of my phone recording the frame time via steam.
4 REPLIES 4

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I have a few minor stutters in the game, but its very playable for the most part.  Make sure you only have the game running, close all instances of chrome etc.  If you are running Afterburner -  I have had many problems with that software causing problems.

I now use a similar software from Zotac, which does the same job but without all the problems.   It might be you need to have a fan control software (like Zotac FireStorm) installed, the card might be throttled due to temp.

Also try lowering the settings in HL, don't let it hurt your pride if you can only run it on low settings !.  The main thing is getting it running well enough to play it.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

VictorSenger
Honored Guest
I have the same problem 😞 Bought super hot VR on steam and it is basically unplayable. Doing it so with Link, a 1070max q laptop and an Anker cable. Don't know how to resolve this issue. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

killswitch85
Expert Protege
All i can add is I'm running Ryzen 5 3600 with Vega 56 and 16gb memory and although i had major lag over wifi (now fixed i hope) the link cable is fine for me. I think your CPU is slower than mine though so it could be CPU bottle-necking? (and alongside only 8gb ram) You might have to see if anyone has similar specs and has no issues.

Strongit
Heroic Explorer
See how it performs when you disable the guardian in developer options.  I have the same issue but with native quest titles too and it boils down to how the guardian renders, especially when using link.  I've got a support ticket in and am expecting a return shipping label for that issue plus an issue that's developed with the strap.
Quest 1, i5-8600K at 4.7 GHz, eVGA 1080 ti FTW3, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16 GB 3200 MHz