cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Hand Tracking Rapid Clicking/Can't scroll?

Ender_the_Wolf
Explorer
So using the hand tracking beta I had no real issues, but after the release, I can't scroll.  The pinch motion seems to glitch up and just rapid fire click over and over again, not allowing the scroll motion.  Turning the quest off and back on didn't seem to help.  Is there anyway of resetting the hand tracking short of a factory reset?

Thanks!

Ryan
9 REPLIES 9

cltsang
Honored Guest
Sad to report that I've been experiencing the same issue since v16.
I was fine and exciting when it first came out as experimental feature. But now I cannot really operate with it.

Ender_the_Wolf
Explorer

cltsang said:

Sad to report that I've been experiencing the same issue since v16.
I was fine and exciting when it first came out as experimental feature. But now I cannot really operate with it.

Did you already try a factory reset?  I'm curious if it will fix the issue.  Don't really feel like testing it and risk losing saves and stuff just yet.

yorban
Honored Guest
I have the same issue :-1:

Ender_the_Wolf
Explorer

yorban said:

I have the same issue :-1:

Mine actually is just fixed today.  Only thing I can think of is that I've restarted it several times and left it charging while off for a while.  I saw someone post that it can be harder to track if you have wood floors because they are close in color to skin, but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

yuripower8500
Honored Guest
Same issue here. Didn't have this problem in beta, but now can't scroll - just rapid clicking 

EnvyEm
Protege
Same problem here. I have been developing in Unity which has the nice PinchStrength function built in, and as your fingers approach a pinched position it smoothly transitions down from 1 to 0, but then when you actually hit the pinch pose it oscillates between 0 and 1 repeatedly without hitting any intermediate values. You can measure the distance between the fingertips though, and it doesn't do anything wild. I had to write up an alternate pinch script, which works OK, but I still can't use the menu buttons or anything in the actual OS.

cltsang
Honored Guest
I don't see the problem anymore.
My environment has not changed, so I presume one of the recent updates fixed this.
Thank you Oculus!

Handy_Hut
Honored Guest
I'm also experiencing this issue. Any news from Oculus?

Handy_Hut
Honored Guest

Handy_Hut said:

I'm also experiencing this issue. Any news from Oculus?

I tried it again yesterday and found that the issue has been resolved. I suspect that devs lurk these forums and came to my rescue with a fix. Thank you, ninja devs!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?