cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Sunshine Co-op / Multiplayer Access Question

I have Arizona Sunshine on PCVR and it is a great game. Some of my friends purchased a quest recently and we are looking for games we can play together in the evenings. It seems that without facebook some games will not allow co-op and multiplayer, but others do.  I noticed that the game was on sale and I looked around trying to find information about the co-op / multiplayer in the quest version of Arizona Sunshine and I can't ind an answer so I thought I would ask here......

If we don't have facebook is there a way to connect with specific quest users in multiplayer thru the game itself?

I understand that the social functions were removed some months ago. I don't like that they were taken away......but I accept that there is nothing I can do about it ..... I already spent the $500.... so..... is there a way in the Arizona Sunshine version of quest to party up without the social functions? It doesn't have to be perfect, anything will do.... Like in Elven Assassin I can see the name of the party leader, so if we all get on the phone and time it right we can all party up......is there a feature like that in Arizona Sunshine?

Failing that....... is there in game matchmaking in any form? Like.....even if I can't play with friends can I just join a random group for multiplayer or will every attempt just lead to the facebook prompt?

Lastly, if anyone could recommend any games in the quest library that do support multiplayer for those of us without facebook I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After a talk with my buddies they have decided to send their Quests back while they are still within the refund window. It was a good idea...but without multiplayer none of them are that into it. I bought mine before they removed the social features and I am way past the refund window......but it is ok, I enjoy the rhythm games in single player and I am hopeful that the modding community will eventually find a way to restore the social features.

This question no longer needs an answer.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nunyabinez
Rising Star
I hate to break it to you, but AS does not support cross-pay with Quest and Rift. Regardless of Facebook or no, you can't play with your friends who are on Quest. I have played with my son who has the Steam version and I have the Rift version and it did not require any Facebook sign in for him. I think your real issue is that the Quest version is a redesigned experience to accommodate Quest hardware limitations, so it is not technically the exact same game, so you won't be able to play with your friends unless you are all using Quests.  

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

I hate to break it to you, but AS does not support cross-pay with Quest and Rift. Regardless of Facebook or no, you can't play with your friends who are on Quest. I have played with my son who has the Steam version and I have the Rift version and it did not require any Facebook sign in for him. I think your real issue is that the Quest version is a redesigned experience to accommodate Quest hardware limitations, so it is not technically the exact same game, so you won't be able to play with your friends unless you are all using Quests.  

Oh, I understand all of that. I have had my quest since release but my friends are new owners. We all have quests, but we do not all have VR capable PCs. My questions is specifically about the quest version.

Is there a way to connect with specific people who own quest and Arizona Sunshine and are all on at the same time but are not facebook users?
If not, is there a way within the game to join multiplayer matches with random groups while not being a facebook user?

We will all buy our own copies of the game too, of course......

It is just that we all talked about which game we wanted to play and we ended up with Drop Dead.....and we discovered that we can't play that one together without facebook....I just want to make sure that whichever game we buy will support multiplayer for non-facebook users.

Thanks!

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

Oh, I understand all of that. I have had my quest since release but my friends are new owners. We all have quests, but we do not all have VR capable PCs. My questions is specifically about the quest version.

Is there a way to connect with specific people who own quest and Arizona Sunshine and are all on at the same time but are not facebook users?
If not, is there a way within the game to join multiplayer matches with random groups while not being a facebook user?

We will all buy our own copies of the game too, of course......

It is just that we all talked about which game we wanted to play and we ended up with Drop Dead.....and we discovered that we can't play that one together without facebook....I just want to make sure that whichever game we buy will support multiplayer for non-facebook users.

Thanks!

If I'm not mistaken, Elvin Assassin has its own system for matches and is quite fun, both the co-op and the PVP. You just have to tell you friends ahead of time what the 2 digit passcode is to your game. Up to 4 can play.

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

If I'm not mistaken, Elvin Assassin has its own system for matches and is quite fun, both the co-op and the PVP. You just have to tell you friends ahead of time what the 2 digit passcode is to your game. Up to 4 can play.

I have Elven Assasin and I know that has in game matchmaking. Does Arizona Sunshine?

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

I have Elven Assasin and I know that has in game matchmaking. Does Arizona Sunshine?

The PCVR version does, you simply provide your partner with a six digit code that lets them join your game, so I would assume a similar system for Quest, but I don't have the Quest version..

This question remains open.
Can someone who has the Quest Version of Arizona Sunshine please tell me if facebook is required for multiplayer?
My buddies are already kinda ticked off at me because I told them we could play together on quest before I realized that the social features had been removed. I want to make sure I have this right before I ask them to spend another $40.

I just need please to know if the Quest Version of Arizona Sunshine requires facebook in order to play with other people.

Thanks!

After a talk with my buddies they have decided to send their Quests back while they are still within the refund window. It was a good idea...but without multiplayer none of them are that into it. I bought mine before they removed the social features and I am way past the refund window......but it is ok, I enjoy the rhythm games in single player and I am hopeful that the modding community will eventually find a way to restore the social features.

This question no longer needs an answer.