cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 17.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 5/15/2020: Hey everyone - thanks again for your patience during this rollout. The team just pushed out an update to those of you who have already received the v17 software update. This new build should resolve the blue screen crashes that some of you have reported. We have also pushed this same update to the PTC channel to those of you who have hit this issue on PTC but have not yet received the live version. Please do continue to let us know if you experience any problems with this new update using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software and by contacting customer support. Thank you!

---

Social Reporting

• We’ve made usability improvements to the in-VR reporting flow

Oculus Link

• You can now control audio and mic settings for Oculus Link directly from your Quest.
  • During setup, the Oculus desktop app will now let you know if your USB cable meets the standards required to power Link.
  • General stability improvements

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where some Rift users would join a party and couldn’t be heard by other party members. 
153 REPLIES 153

max883
Honored Guest
The Usb 3.0 from the headsett got overloaded by The New update . And has now redused bandwith. Mainly Rift cv1 owners

morphee7
Expert Protege
well i had the 17.0.0.183.462 (17.0.0.183.462) no issues with the usb 3 issue however i was on acc last night on the rift s and after about 39 nibutes i got stutters then 5 minutes before the end of a 60 minute race the view went all messed up like i was just about to go into warp speed, it was like my head was fixed in one spot and when i moved my head it moved the view in the distance and kept my head in the same spot.

i took the headset off and put it back on and just got a black screen and did this a few times until it came back, i then canceled the game and it still did the same in oculus home so it wasnt acc causing the issue

louis_drake_524
Honored Guest
the oculus driver update make me headset go black every minute i hope this get fix soon

max883
Honored Guest
It canot be fixed by a update. The Usb from The headsett is not longer working as it got overloadet by to much curent. Oculus is working on a sulution.  

Bajee
Honored Guest
Same issue here. Oculus is complaining about USB 2. I've been using my CV 1 through the Vive Linkbox for years with no issues. Since the latest update the CV 1 isn't recognized anymore.

Bajee
Honored Guest
I tried downgrading to v16. This got rid of the error messages about USB 3, but I still had a black screen. Finally I completely reinstalled v17 and it seems to work now. I still get the warning about USB 3, but it works.

reward
Honored Guest
How do you declassify? Thank you for your help

Doc_62
Explorer

max883 said:

It canot be fixed by a update. The Usb from The headsett is not longer working as it got overloadet by to much curent. Oculus is working on a sulution.  

Where did you find this info Max?

Doc_62
Explorer
Why do we have a distinct lack of anyone posting from staff?

Doc_62
Explorer
Can anyone tell me if rift and rift s use the same update files?