cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Link ERROR "1971063" Link not functioning

david_seo_12177
Honored Guest
Hello community,

so I am definetly sure that it is not an hardware problem from the Oculus Quest, I bought one more of it to test it, doesn't work too.

As I want to connect my Quest to my PC, it shows up and I have access to it's data storage and it gets recognized from windows and the oculus software. BUT as I want to perform the USB test it tells me the error 1971063, which is weird because I used it with link for a week before and had no problems. Also when I try the way with my Quest and try to start it with pressing the Link button on it, it loads for some seconds and redirects me to the normal home menu. I was able to play games on steam like Boneworks and also had access to Virtual Desktop. 3 different USB 3.0 cables, including the suggested Anker cable did not work. Even tough the normal USB 3.0 cable which I had in the beginning did not work suddenly. I stayed in contact with the support team and followed their suggested tips how to fix it, like restarting into safe mode and completely reinstalling the software.

I'm absolutely clueless about how to get it work again and would really really apreciate it, if anyone could help me out here.

o5l87yzqcn0p.jpg

23 REPLIES 23

Steelknuckles5
Explorer
I regret ever getting the link cable as worked fine for about a week then as soon as they update the firmware has gone to pot. Worst part is having spent all that money on software which I cannot use anymore. Too much stress and best to stick to Quest stand alone games,at least they work. Thinking claiming refund on pc oculus software via small claims court if not resolved etc.

WordpassMan
Honored Guest
exactly the same here as I used the RECOMMENDED anker cable. Also I had an old pc which didnt reach the threshold for link but worked with some frame rate issues.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

exactly the same here as I used the RECOMMENDED anker cable. Also I had an old pc which didnt reach the threshold for link but worked with some frame rate issues.

I regret ever getting the link cable as worked fine for about a week then as soon as they update the firmware has gone to pot. Worst part is having spent all that money on software which I cannot use anymore. Too much stress and best to stick to Quest stand alone games,at least they work. Thinking claiming refund on pc oculus software via small claims court if not resolved etc.

Link is beta, you won't win any court case.  Lets try and work the problem ?

You can both start by posting detailed system specs, including main board make/model GPU/make model and info like that.

Link now works with USB2 and its very good, so have you tried that ?
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

KiT4NoS
Honored Guest
Hey guys,

same trouble here and I'm really pissed off cause the Oculus Link Cable worked perfectly when I plugged it to my PC, I play couple of games through SteamVR and few hours later that cable stop to work ... I try everything and the cable is detected but won't launch on the headset.

0gh6dg7adcla.pngivfnrr8a13px.png

Alce330
Honored Guest
Hello, I have the same problem, it works fine until I update to v25 yesterday, I have a new HP OMEN, i9/64Gb/2Tb SSD/ RTX 3080.
I can see the drive quest 2, I can see the green dot on oculus but I can not connect the Oculus Link and no USB test pass, the same pictures above.   

alonsomanel
Honored Guest

Same problem here. Link was working fine some months ago and now nothing. It just says "Oculus Link has stopped working".

The link test doesn't work also.

I have an AMD CPU and a 3080.

Same, tried a lot of things still no fix.

jonah.falcon.7
Explorer

It actually STOPPED working in the middle of playing Elite Dangerous for me.

bigmassa
Honored Guest

just a guess but..

i just had this and realised after staring at it i had set the encode resolution width in the oculus debug tool to 350 instead of the bitrate for msfs 2020. might be a dodgy setting somewhere there.