cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't add payment method to my account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
"Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..

91 REPLIES 91

alexflying
Honored Guest
oculus is so irresponsible. Instead of solving the problem, they just trying to sell the piece of shit. 

dedeij
Honored Guest
adding this to this forum as well, since it's the first one that comes up when Googling this issue. 

I had this issue as well today, my oculus account is linked by email, but I am ALSO signed in via facebook, in order to add a payment method, I had to go to the APP, tell it to log out of facebook, add the payment method(paypal) while it was logged out of facebook, i then was able to purchase my game(in the headset), than I told the app to sign back in to facebook. Not sure if it will work for everyone but that is what worked for me 

Hopefully this at least helps some of you. 

DerpoTheFatto
Honored Guest

dedeij said:

adding this to this forum as well, since it's the first one that comes up when Googling this issue. 

I had this issue as well today, my oculus account is linked by email, but I am ALSO signed in via facebook, in order to add a payment method, I had to go to the APP, tell it to log out of facebook, add the payment method(paypal) while it was logged out of facebook, i then was able to purchase my game(in the headset), than I told the app to sign back in to facebook. Not sure if it will work for everyone but that is what worked for me 

Hopefully this at least helps some of you. 

I have tried this but to no avail, it keeps on giving me the error. I have tried 2 different payment methods, a different device, different browsers, and I keep getting the same error.

sonicnerd14
Protege
I'm having this issue now as well. Why has this flaw been overlooked and they refuse to acknowledge that this is an issue with their system. At this point I wouldn't recommend anyone into the Oculus ecosystem because one day they all of a sudden won't be able to purchase anything from it. This along with other random flaws they have in their software just doesn't make it a good choice.

BugPug
Honored Guest
I have now just experienced the "sorry, we're unable to add the payment method" thing. I tried to add a payment method through the app, website and also through the website in the headset.It happend after I refunded "lies beneath" so maybe that is the reason why it's just weird why this has been happening since 2017 it's kinda sad oculus hadent been able to aid the situation to the community. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
For everyone here - please check your information matches other parts of your accounts such as name, address, phone number, zip, etc etc. Following that - please contact your CC provider and figure out if its a problem on their end or even if you are getting charges. No changes or failure to get charge could be a sign something up. Considering most of you are a single post and gon account - I question some of the problems are self created, fake, or trying to game the system without real follow ups. With out a real follow up - no point of failure can be made and thus the problem can never be fix or place blame at.

Ps. I am creating this because of some Reddit poster trying to blame it on Oculus than trying to figure out what the problem is in the first place. People over on Reddit love just to simply downvote for a spoon fed answer instead of trying to figure what the problem is.

Base off other tib bits I been slowly collecting together it also sounds like a device issue in your submit. This tells me something might be off with your browser. This can because by a lot of things from:
1) Not updating your browser (yes, you need to update it still once in a while.. if using chrome, please go to Google and download a new version).
2) Windows also needs to be kept up to date - this means keeping up with your Windows updates - Perform any missing updates on your System.
3) Some OS are NOT supported anymore - even if they work - they're going to start showing signs of things not working anymore. Thus - please keep with in the range of supported OS by MS. This includes Windows 8.1 and Windows 10. Anything else it consider out of date and will start showing random issues.
4) Make sure your time on your computer is set correctly. It mess up with SSL timing and thus could produce some strange time traveling cross talk that simply doesn't work.
5) Make sure nothing is affects your transaction in between either such as proxies, AV, Ad blockers, etc
6) As stated above - please check in with your CC provider. Also, make sure its a REAL CC company and not a repaid card. Sometimes, the PP cards simply don't work everywhere. But without starting with your CC company - its going to be near impossible to figure out any issues.

Failure to explain more than "its not working" should be just ignored as that information doesn't help anyone going forward. If its a real problem - then please explain what you have done so either we can either fix the problem, figure out where the problem is coming from, or at least have enough reports in to blame the current system.

Hazey113
Honored Guest
Found out how to fix for me just need paypal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hazey113 said:

Found out how to fix for me just need paypal

For a lot of people this 2nd method works just fine. For some - they still seem to be having issues - but instead of trying to figure out the problem - they just down-vote - leave a short message and then accept you to still help them lol.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@sonicnerd14 I am willing to try and help if possible - I believe you are one of the the Reddit poster 

Keepscouting
Protege
@Mradr .... I would totally agree with you, but I have tried multiple PC's, Browsers, Credit Cards etc. The support ticket I have they just keep asking me the same questions. I have been going thru these threads for days trying everything anyone said fixes the issue and 10 days later I still have nothing and I am still getting the same questions from the support person...I mean how many times do I have to answer the same questions...if the would read the email thread they would see the answers already provided.
     Originally the issue was that Oculus would send three 1 dollar charges to my card to try and authenticate the card which then would mark it as Fraud. The Banks all ok'd the charge yet every time I tired to purchase wham card was de-activated for fraud again.  Now when I try to add a payment I get no notification from my bank and the bank support tells me it the charge is never even sent... meaning it is within Oculus to resolve. Seeing that this has gone on for more than year with others,  I would say anyone want to buy a brand new Quest I have one for sale that was warn all of 5 minutes....I don't recommend anyone buying one and have talked people out of it...for now...Too many people having the issue to just be made up...
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?