Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 - collaboration between HP, Valve and Microsoft

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
https://youtu.be/cz9wHbOOjpw

More here - sounds big with HP working together with Valve and Microsoft:

https://uploadvr.com/hp-reverb-g2-teased/

1coeczfe0b7v.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

240 REPLIES 240

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
The most interesting stuff may be res and fov, sound does look like Index speakers. Controllers look ok, if these are real, battery time will be interesting - and tracking.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
Doesn't the Gen1 Reverb have 2160*2160 per eye? I haven't experienced such high res before, but seeing others reaction, I think it's perfect for a VR for now. I do hope they do something like 130FOV which someone on reddit who "leaked the specs" said, but also have better lenses with bigger sweets pot.

Anyways, here check out the specs posted by the user u/Specspower on reddit:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am not under NDA and this can be considered hearsay, however here is what i have overheard to be the true specifications for the new hp reverb G2.

*The new reverb g2 has a 2160x2160 screen, with improved optics and a even sharper image and larger sweet spot then the original reverb. They are fresnel lenses

*Godrays are almost completely gone

*The refresh rate in the windows mixed reality application is maxed at 90hz however in steam it is 144hz

*The headset has the option of using windows mixed reality controllers or knuckles controllers and this may remain in the final unit as a duel option or just become one

*Inside out tracking and base station compatible

*The field of view was estimated at about a true 130 degrees and this is largely achieved by the position of the lenses, they are round but become triangular shaped on the edges towards your nose

*The new reverb g2 has over the ear headphones, with an option for your own headphones using a standard jack and they are testing the idea of including a bluetooth audio solution

*The headstrap is similar to the first reverb

*The padded face mask is a stitched leather and is removable

*The outside shell is some kind of brushed aluminium

*The front has a hp logo that lights up

* The weight is the same or slightly lighter then the original reverb

* The issue of seeing the border edge of the lense in the original reverb is solved

*The lenses are further from the eyes allowing glasses wearers ease of use

*The IPD adjustment is digital but works better then the original reverb

*The cable is roughly 15ft

*The connection is a mini display port and usb

The unit is a hybrid of the original reverb and the valve index, taking the best from both.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Could be a true gen3 (ok at least 2.5 then, lol) hmd if that res, Knuckles support and fov are true. 
Still sounds nearly too good to be true, we'll see. Knuckles + 2 base stations will probably add at least $500 to total costs... 

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

RuneSR2 said:

Could be a true gen3 (ok at least 2.5 then, lol) hmd if that res, Knuckles support and fov are true. 
Still sounds nearly too good to be true, we'll see. Knuckles + 2 base stations will probably add at least $500 to total costs... 

After these bullet points, others have pointed out how it contradicts the image leaks, as well as how mini display port can only do 4k 30fps which would go against the 2160x2160 @ possibly 90Hz or more, etc.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

After these bullet points, others have pointed out how it contradicts the image leaks, as well as how mini display port can only do 4k 30fps which would go against the 2160x2160 @ possibly 90Hz or more, etc.

Makes sense - dunno if 4k in 144 Hz is beyond current displayport limits too (HDMI 2.1 needed?). Also using these full specs, G2 would dethrone Index in every way, which might not be in Valve's interest. My guess is that HP wants a solution which isn't much more expensive than G1. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
How can it have base station support? It doesn't appear to have light sensors on it or the controllers.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

snowdog said:

How can it have base station support? It doesn't appear to have light sensors on it or the controllers.

Probably like Cosmos, base station support means using Vive wands or Index controllers. The headset could have hidden sensors, or it could still rely on its cameras for headset tracking. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

kevinw729
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

Wait and see 🙂
https://vrawards.aixr.org/ "The Out-of-Home Immersive Entertainment Frontier: Expanding Interactive Boundaries in Leisure Facilities" https://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-Home-Immersive-Entertainment-Frontier/dp/1472426959

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

RuneSR2 said:

RuneSR2 said:

Makes sense - dunno if 4k in 144 Hz is beyond current displayport limits too (HDMI 2.1 needed?). Also using these full specs, G2 would dethrone Index in every way, which might not be in Valve's interest. My guess is that HP wants a solution which isn't much more expensive than G1. 

Exactly, I think as far as Valve goes, considering the image leaks I think it'll be hardware specific like audio, face mask and head strap. Having Light house support would increase the cost of the headset imo. I expect the same res and 90Hz since it's a good middle ground in Hz, but really good in Resolution, we'll have to wait and see. But I expect more WMR 2.0 headsets to be shown next week as some has speculated considering some YTbers are under NDA by another headset that isn't HP.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer

kevinw729 said:

snowdog said:

Wait and see 🙂

Now this is interesting, I honestly expect one of these WMR 2.0 HMDs to be minimum $500, we'll see.