cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time ever doing VR!

jagr0399
Explorer
Hey guys so I just bought the Rift S on the website here and I was so lucky to get it during a restock! So i did everything and such but how long do they usually ship? I do not know how long they take to ship and I have no idea on how long I should wait. Should I expect it next week or the week after this? any help will be gladly taken! :smiley:
16 REPLIES 16

wuzp
Rising Star
The "Opened" means they don't want to promise you a date.

They used to give an estimated shipping date; where it now says "Opened."  The estimated date used to be immediately available, when you place am order.  There are only 2 reasons I can think of, as to why they now just say "Opened" instead of a date:
  1. They had trouble meeting the estimated dates; or people complained about the dates being too far in the future.
  2. If the order was being shipped outside the US (which you say it isn't), they needed time to apply for an export license on your behalf.

Brick_Rage12
Honored Guest
I ordered one yesterday when it was briefly open. My estimated shipping date was mid-July. I don't know if they actually have rifts in stock yet and this was just a pre-order type of thing. I am just happy I was able to buy one in general. Hopefully, I don't have to wait for the two months.

wuzp
Rising Star

I ordered one yesterday when it was briefly open. My estimated shipping date was mid-July. I don't know if they actually have rifts in stock yet and this was just a pre-order type of thing. I am just happy I was able to buy one in general. Hopefully, I don't have to wait for the two months.

Since YOU got a date, and the OP claims a US shipping address; the only other thing I can think of is the payment method the OP used had issues obtaining a temporary authorization; even though the "real charge" will take place later, when it gets ready to ship.  That may explain the brief "Opened" that you got... it was waiting for temporary authorization.

jagr0399
Explorer
i did see when I put it in the cart july something? i think it was july 17 for estimate but I may be wrong
and same as what Mr. Brick said Im just happy I got mine too. i was just curious on when it was coming

Brick_Rage12
Honored Guest

wuzp said:

Since YOU got a date, and the OP claims a US shipping address; the only other thing I can think of is the payment method the OP used had issues obtaining a temporary authorization; even though the "real charge" will take place later, when it gets ready to ship.  That may explain the brief "Opened" that you got... it was waiting for temporary authorization.

Mine says opened as well with no date. The only date I saw was when I was placing the order itself. Sorry if there was some confusion there. 

dvc2112
Protege
I ordered a 128GB Quest on 5/19, 2 minutes after receiving the email notification that they were back in stock.  The "Ships By" date during that order process showed "June 24th" - the date no longer shows on my order, either.  My order status does show "Opened' as mentioned above by others, and there is no visible charge or hold on my account for the cost of the Quest.  Hopefully that 6/24 date still holds true, AND that they will still be able to apply the charge to my card just after the 30 day mark?

EDIT 5.25:  Wow, my order just got updated from Opened to "Processing for Shipping" - it's only been 6 days; charge now shows on card.  Awesome, Oculus, thanks for the speedy progress!  Starting to get a bit excited... have never had a VR headset on, but have done the research.  Very eager to try the Nature Treks VR - that is work of genius and exactly what I am after.

jagr0399
Explorer
im just hoping my rift s does deliver before june 17