New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

I can't breath

powerupthemachinepowerupthemachine Posts: 1
NerveGear
edited May 25 in Support
I am so vexed* right now. Your headset is garbage. I can't do a darn* thing without it freezing or without it being stuck in 'quitting steam.'

This  VR headset is complete rubbish*. I'm so sick of everyone saying 'welcome to beta.' Well guess what? I am sick and tired of people using that as their main scapegoat. 

Your headset freezes nonstop, gets stuck in 'quitting steam' no matter what the fuck I do. You companies see this as an innocent way to blame something without anyone taking the heat. Well deary me*. You're gonna take the heat. Call it beta you can call it alpha you can call it zebra. I don't give a poopy-doo*. You need to deliver A FUNCTIONING PIECE OF EQUIPMENT. NOT RUBBISH*. I am NOT Charlie's* angel investor in disguise.

Right controller continuously scrolls down at a rate that isn't enough for me to take the god damn thing outside and curb stomp it but is annoying enough for me to research wtf might be going on with it and how to fix it. The answer? There is no answer.

Calling something "BETA" doesn't mean you get a free flippin'* pass to mess* up as much as you want while you take peoples money. 

I've actually got a cryogenic lab that will freeze you and revive you in 1000 years. Cost is 25 billion dollars. But it's in beta. Might work, might not, but most likely we believe it'll do great things and work. But it certainly is going to be great. But it's in beta. So, take from that whatever you want about this project that is highly likely to succeed by 100%, but keep in mind, it's in beta so it might fail completely, similar to how your quest link is going to operate.

Good thing none of my friends fell for my dumbass talk about how awesome quest was. HAHA. They all god the index. I'm hesitant to tell them how smart they were only because I would look like a FUCKING MORON because of how awesome I told them the quest was and now I'd be telling them how awful* it is. But I'm definitely not telling anyone new I meet that the quest is awesome. I'm just going to tell them I have an index (I'll probably buy one if they can promise me I won't spend 99% of my time messing* around with trying to get stuff* working and restarting my machine).

I've tried:

1. Factory resetting this god damn thing* at least 6 times. At this point I'm so fucking tired of watching that intro movie, and I'm very* sick of putting in my passwords for every single* account.

2. I BUILT A BRAND NEW CPU STATION! I bought top of the line EVERYTHING. LITERALLY. So what did that do? Well it makes my machine restart faster when your terrible* piece of gear craps out on me like a annoying* 11 year old's science project. 

The only thing I haven't done to try to correct* this thing* is go outside and and do a god damn rain dance.

I was telling all my friends about how awesome VR was before I attempted to use your beta link. Hell, good thing none of them fell for my ignorance. Because once I found how stupid AF the link was man....

I'm damn near about to go out and buy an index, just so I can darn well* just play a game.

Stop using 'BETA' as your "well this thing* don't have to work at all, cause it's in beta right guys? HAHAHHA Stupid frolicking* consumers. They're so dumb. They don't even realize that 99% of this shizzle* won't be operational."

PLEASE FIX YOUR VR headset*! 

UNfuddle* YOURSELVES.

Comments

• kunio18kunio18 Posts: 25
    Brain Burst
    i agree so much <3
  • RattyUKRattyUK Posts: 1,190
    Wintermute
    Wow!  I guess the profanity filter has taken a day off then?
    PC info: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, MSI MPG X570 Edge, 16GB Tforce Pro Dark DDR4 3200, KFA2 RTX 2080 Super, Samsung 870 Pro M.2, 2x 240GB SSD, 3TB WD Green HDD & 4 TB Seagate Barracuda HDD, Antec Modular 750w PSU, custom watercooling loop. (Win 10 Pro & Opensuse Leap 15.1 Linux) 32" AOC 4K Monitor.
    Rift S
    Laptop: Aorus X5 V6-CF1 (I7-6820HK, GTX 1070, 2* 256GB M.2 NVME, 1TB 7200 HDD)
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,666 Valuable Player
    @powerupthemachine

Thank you for something a little bit different and a whole lot funny :D
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• JBSTheGamerJBSTheGamer Posts: 12
    Brain Burst
    Welcome to my realm i know how you feel.
  • FelicityCFelicityC Posts: 147
    Art3mis
    Hey, so...

what kind of cable are you using (specifically brand + model)?
    what is 'top of the line everything'?
    how is being stuck at Steam's exit screen the fault of the hardware when that's a Steam problem in handshaking to the dash? It's not even a 'beta' thing so much as SteamVR being just as bad as Oculus' drivers.
    have you tried turning off 'automatically going to home'? Oculus Home seemed to be a pain for my PC to load into every single time it exited other games, but once I used OTT for homeless or just renamed the file myself the freezing problems stopped. SteamVR and Dash don't like eachother and they both try to have some stupid hub world that only causes background processor load.

I agree wholeheartedly but I have not had to factory reset once since I got my Quest and don't think that's a real solution to any problem. There are a couple parts of the software that are impossibly bad, but they are avoidable, sort of.
    8700k @ 5ghz allcore, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 2x8gb memory @ CL16 1T, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, overheating from OVRserver_x64
  • MorgrumMorgrum Posts: 1,718 Valuable Player
    edited May 25
    I think my troubleshooting and powers of deduction have found the issue.
    According to the fault isolation diagram its pointing at the user.  ;)

Venting is one thing but stringing sentences together just to say fuck a few more times the  you would in public is bad form.
    I mean its a versatile word I will give you that but its overuse really detracts from the power it used to have.
    At this point of overuse it may as well be taught in schools for its flexibility in sentence structure.
    WAAAGH!
  • McNuttsMcNutts Posts: 82
    Hiro Protagonist
    FelicityC said:
    Hey, so...

what kind of cable are you using (specifically brand + model)?
    what is 'top of the line everything'?
    how is being stuck at Steam's exit screen the fault of the hardware when that's a Steam problem in handshaking to the dash? It's not even a 'beta' thing so much as SteamVR being just as bad as Oculus' drivers.
    have you tried turning off 'automatically going to home'? Oculus Home seemed to be a pain for my PC to load into every single time it exited other games, but once I used OTT for homeless or just renamed the file myself the freezing problems stopped. SteamVR and Dash don't like eachother and they both try to have some stupid hub world that only causes background processor load.

I agree wholeheartedly but I have not had to factory reset once since I got my Quest and don't think that's a real solution to any problem. There are a couple parts of the software that are impossibly bad, but they are avoidable, sort of.
    Felicity,

Do you know where I could find an up to date guide on setting up the OTT Homelss setup? I Googled it and I seem to only find guides from over a year ago. Or if those guides from over a year ago still work please let me know that too. 

I some times have issues using Steam VR but it's not that often. If I could minimize those issues with OTT Homelsss I would love that.
    Main PC: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x @ 4.5GHz all cores | Noctua NH-D15S with 2 Fans | GIGABYTE X570 AORUS ULTRA |  32GB [email protected] | EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra | OS(Win 10 Pro) - 250GB NVMe WD Black | Games - 1TB NVMe Samsung 970 EVO Plus | 4TB Seagate Barracuda | Case - NZXT H510i | PSU - CORSAIR RMx Series 850W Gold |
    Plex Server: [email protected] | 16GB | 250GB SSD | 2x4TB WD Black HDs | EVGA 980 ti
    VR Headsets: Rift S | 128GB Quest | 64GB Go | PSVR | Valve Index after 8-100 weeks
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,522 Volunteer Moderator
    There is now an option directly in the Oculus desktop app to not load Home automatically. OTT Homeless is no longer necessary.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,666 Valuable Player
    Ok, I've removed the expletives from the OPs post.

So, 3 is the limit?
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• hoppingbunny123hoppingbunny123 Posts: 871
    Trinity
    the damge is not too bad;