cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't breath

powerupthemachi
Honored Guest
I am so vexed* right now. Your headset is garbage. I can't do a darn* thing without it freezing or without it being stuck in 'quitting steam.'

This  VR headset is complete rubbish*. I'm so sick of everyone saying 'welcome to beta.' Well guess what? I am sick and tired of people using that as their main scapegoat. 

Your headset freezes nonstop, gets stuck in 'quitting steam' no matter what the fuck I do. You companies see this as an innocent way to blame something without anyone taking the heat. Well deary me*. You're gonna take the heat. Call it beta you can call it alpha you can call it zebra. I don't give a poopy-doo*. You need to deliver A FUNCTIONING PIECE OF EQUIPMENT. NOT RUBBISH*. I am NOT Charlie's* angel investor in disguise.

Right controller continuously scrolls down at a rate that isn't enough for me to take the god damn thing outside and curb stomp it but is annoying enough for me to research wtf might be going on with it and how to fix it. The answer? There is no answer.

Calling something "BETA" doesn't mean you get a free flippin'* pass to mess* up as much as you want while you take peoples money. 

I've actually got a cryogenic lab that will freeze you and revive you in 1000 years. Cost is 25 billion dollars. But it's in beta. Might work, might not, but most likely we believe it'll do great things and work. But it certainly is going to be great. But it's in beta. So, take from that whatever you want about this project that is highly likely to succeed by 100%, but keep in mind, it's in beta so it might fail completely, similar to how your quest link is going to operate.

Good thing none of my friends fell for my dumbass talk about how awesome quest was. HAHA. They all god the index. I'm hesitant to tell them how smart they were only because I would look like a FUCKING MORON because of how awesome I told them the quest was and now I'd be telling them how awful* it is. But I'm definitely not telling anyone new I meet that the quest is awesome. I'm just going to tell them I have an index (I'll probably buy one if they can promise me I won't spend 99% of my time messing* around with trying to get stuff* working and restarting my machine).

I've tried:

1. Factory resetting this god damn thing* at least 6 times. At this point I'm so fucking tired of watching that intro movie, and I'm very* sick of putting in my passwords for every single* account.

2. I BUILT A BRAND NEW CPU STATION! I bought top of the line EVERYTHING. LITERALLY. So what did that do? Well it makes my machine restart faster when your terrible* piece of gear craps out on me like a annoying* 11 year old's science project. 

The only thing I haven't done to try to correct* this thing* is go outside and and do a god damn rain dance.

I was telling all my friends about how awesome VR was before I attempted to use your beta link. Hell, good thing none of them fell for my ignorance. Because once I found how stupid AF the link was man....

I'm damn near about to go out and buy an index, just so I can darn well* just play a game.

Stop using 'BETA' as your "well this thing* don't have to work at all, cause it's in beta right guys? HAHAHHA Stupid frolicking* consumers. They're so dumb. They don't even realize that 99% of this shizzle* won't be operational."

PLEASE FIX YOUR VR headset*! 

UNfuddle* YOURSELVES.
13 REPLIES 13

kunio18
Explorer
i agree so much ❤️

lensmandave
Superstar
... so apart from that, how is your day?
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

RattyUK
Trustee
Wow!  I guess the profanity filter has taken a day off then?
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

Richooal
Consultant
@powerupthemachine

Thank you for something a little bit different and a whole lot funny 😄
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

JBSTheGamer
Explorer
Welcome to my realm i know how you feel.

FelicityC
Adventurer
Hey, so...

what kind of cable are you using (specifically brand + model)?
what is 'top of the line everything'?
how is being stuck at Steam's exit screen the fault of the hardware when that's a Steam problem in handshaking to the dash? It's not even a 'beta' thing so much as SteamVR being just as bad as Oculus' drivers.
have you tried turning off 'automatically going to home'? Oculus Home seemed to be a pain for my PC to load into every single time it exited other games, but once I used OTT for homeless or just renamed the file myself the freezing problems stopped. SteamVR and Dash don't like eachother and they both try to have some stupid hub world that only causes background processor load.

I agree wholeheartedly but I have not had to factory reset once since I got my Quest and don't think that's a real solution to any problem. There are a couple parts of the software that are impossibly bad, but they are avoidable, sort of.
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
"I can't breath"

You may be incorrectly wearing the hmd - it should cover your eyes and most of your nose, not the mouth and the nose. 2c.   

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Morgrum
Expert Trustee
I think my troubleshooting and powers of deduction have found the issue.
According to the fault isolation diagram its pointing at the user.  😉

Venting is one thing but stringing sentences together just to say fuck a few more times the  you would in public is bad form.
I mean its a versatile word I will give you that but its overuse really detracts from the power it used to have.
At this point of overuse it may as well be taught in schools for its flexibility in sentence structure.
WAAAGH!

Ok, I've removed the expletives from the OPs post.

Please remember this forum is by and for Oculus users, including younger members. It's not a private, anything goes, type of forum.

The rules are posted and pinned to the first page of the forum, another post like this won't just result in an edit. Make your point in a mature and responsible way.

Thanks.