New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Is this a legit website?

StripefootStripefoot Posts: 13
Brain Burst
edited May 24 in Oculus Quest
I searched 'Oculus Quest' on google and the website <content removed> came up, and it says for one day the Oculus Quest is on sale for seventy dollars. Is this real?

Best Answer

Answers

• dburnedburne Posts: 3,659 Valuable Player
    Not likely.
    Don

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | I9 9900k| EVGA 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra |32 GB G Skill 3200 cl14 ram | Warthog Throttle | VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro grip | Crosswind Pedals | EVGA DG 87 Case| Rift S | Quest |
  • wuzpwuzp Posts: 320
    Trinity
    As I pointed out in "SCAM ALERT no. 1 - Quest on Sale for 75 Dollars?" the point of the website, is to get you to visit it; so that they can load malware onto your browser.

• RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,666 Valuable Player
    nalex66 said:
    It’s a scam, and I wouldn’t recommend even visiting that website. 

Can you remove the link from the OP's post? Someone will click on it for sure.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 5,522 Volunteer Moderator
    Yeah, probably a good idea. Suffice it to say, any domain with “Oculus” spelled wrong, offering too-good-to-be-true prices is not legitimate. There have been several of these popping up lately.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32GB | Corsair HX 750W
    SSDs: Intel 660p M.2 2TB, Samsung 860 Evo 1TB, 850 Evo 1TB, 840 Evo 1TB | Startech 4 controller PCIe USB 3.0
  • wuzpwuzp Posts: 320
    Trinity
    nalex66 said:
    Suffice it to say, any domain with “Oculus” spelled wrong, offering too-good-to-be-true prices is not legitimate. There have been several of these popping up lately.
    It's Oculus's own fault, you know:
    • Oculus.com
    • Ocul.us
    • OculusVR.com
    • et al
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 5,815 Volunteer Moderator
    There have been a number of fake gadget sites offering a variety of gadgets at heavily discounted prices and use the Quest as one of their big draws knowing that they're harder to get right now. So I'd advise everyone to ignore any site that isn't one of the recognised Oculus retailers or any site that has Quests in stock with big discounts.

The first one reported on by the BBC only took payment via bank transfer despite having CC showing on the site, this should have been a red flag by itself but some take credit cards so be aware.
    Intel 5820K [email protected], Titan X (Maxwell), 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, ASRock X99 Taichi, Samsung 500Gb 960 Evo M.2, Corsair H100i v2 Cooler, Inateck KTU3FR-4P USB 3 card, Windows 10 Pro v2004 (19041.330)
  • Riley_Monroe123Riley_Monroe123 Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    fuck the www.ocuwuve.com its a scam who would waste 75 dollars for a amazing headsets but i wish it was the real price lol
  • FelicityCFelicityC Posts: 147
    Art3mis
    edited June 1
    fuck the xoxoxo its a scam who would waste 75 dollars for a amazing headsets but i wish it was the real price lol

you shouldn't directly post the link here, just report it to support directly.

otherwise you're advertising for them more or less. and for free. at least get paid for it. ... i hope

8700k @ 5ghz allcore, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 2x8gb memory @ CL16 1T, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, overheating from OVRserver_x64