cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a legit website?

Stripefoot
Explorer
I searched 'Oculus Quest' on google and the website <content removed> came up, and it says for one day the Oculus Quest is on sale for seventy dollars. Is this real?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It’s a scam, and I wouldn’t recommend even visiting that website. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not likely.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

wuzp
Rising Star
As I pointed out in "SCAM ALERT no. 1 - Quest on Sale for 75 Dollars?" the point of the website, is to get you to visit it; so that they can load malware onto your browser.

Richooal
Consultant

nalex66 said:

Can you remove the link from the OP's post? Someone will click on it for sure.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Yeah, probably a good idea. Suffice it to say, any domain with “Oculus” spelled wrong, offering too-good-to-be-true prices is not legitimate. There have been several of these popping up lately.

wuzp
Rising Star

nalex66 said:

Suffice it to say, any domain with “Oculus” spelled wrong, offering too-good-to-be-true prices is not legitimate. There have been several of these popping up lately.

It's Oculus's own fault, you know:
  • Oculus.com
  • Ocul.us
  • OculusVR.com
  • et al

There have been a number of fake gadget sites offering a variety of gadgets at heavily discounted prices and use the Quest as one of their big draws knowing that they're harder to get right now. So I'd advise everyone to ignore any site that isn't one of the recognised Oculus retailers or any site that has Quests in stock with big discounts.

The first one reported on by the BBC only took payment via bank transfer despite having CC showing on the site, this should have been a red flag by itself but some take credit cards so be aware.

Riley_Monroe123
Honored Guest
fuck the www.ocuwuve.com its a scam who would waste 75 dollars for a amazing headsets but i wish it was the real price lol

FelicityC
Adventurer

fuck the xoxoxo its a scam who would waste 75 dollars for a amazing headsets but i wish it was the real price lol

you shouldn't directly post the link here, just report it to support directly.

otherwise you're advertising for them more or less. and for free. at least get paid for it. ... i hope

8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun