Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope - Teaser Trailer

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
https://youtu.be/4WxwHBxupbI

This game will be pure madness in VR.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
26 REPLIES 26

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This is one of my favorite VR titles. Taking on the giant towering bosses is epic. And if anyone has a fear of heights... standing on the edge of a cliff shooting down aerial enemies will really get your "pucker factor" going!

Highly recommended, at any price ❤️

Digikid1
Consultant
A fantastic game for VR.  Definitely a MUST HAVE.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope is on sale for just $6:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/465240/Serious_Sam_VR_The_Last_Hope/

This game looks surprisingly great using the Index (and thus I'd expect nothing less using Rift-S) - but CroTeam always did use awesome textures and lighting etc. Also, while the Oculus version can be Revived, the controllers don't work with the bow - but work fine with the guns. Unfortunately you need the bow in some levels. I guess I just bought myself a bow for $6  o:) 

Just a quick update - turns out the Steam version also does not work with the bow, because it's a general problem of Croteam not having properly supported the Index controllers. You also get wands inside the game. A workaround is to remap Index controller button assignments in Steam - and I guess you do need the Steam version to do that:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/465240/discussions/0/1636417520560424015/

Quite strange why CroTeam does not fix such a minor error, sigh - it also affects WMR and HTC hmds. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

SpottiChen
Protege
Why the move toward randomly-generated gameplay?

morganavr
Explorer
Finished it few months ago. It was intense. Totally worth the money.

McNutts
Adventurer

morganavr said:

Finished it few months ago. It was intense. Totally worth the money.

I agree 100%. I bought the game when it was on sale recently. I actually bought the Serious Sam bundle that includes all of the VR Serious Sam games. 

I tried playing the first Serious Sam in VR and while it was a cool nostalgia trip it wasn't that great of a VR game.

Now Serious Sam The Last Hope is a great wave shooter. The graphics are pretty good and the game play is great. This is just the type of game I imaged a VR Serious Sam game would be. I am 100% happy with my purchase of this game.
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

Digikid1
Consultant
The Serious Sam games are masterpieces of ART.  Pure and simple.  The humor is fantastic, the gameplay is fun and the graphics, although cartoony in a way, are perfect for the game.

There was another game called WILL ROCK that was quite similar.  It too was fantastic....but alas it died.  It was a SS Ripoff but it was quite fun regardless.