Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 - collaboration between HP, Valve and Microsoft

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
https://youtu.be/cz9wHbOOjpw

More here - sounds big with HP working together with Valve and Microsoft:

https://uploadvr.com/hp-reverb-g2-teased/

1coeczfe0b7v.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

240 REPLIES 240

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^I will take one for £450 if it has complete steamVR support on par with the Index, so if a game works with the index it will work with this new HMD, and moreso the controllers basic fuctions like thumbstick and buttons, something that held back the present WMR HMDs.
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

OmegaM4N said:

^^I will take one for £450 if it has complete steamVR support on par with the Index, so if a game works with the index it will work with this new HMD, and moreso the controllers basic fuctions like thumbstick and buttons, something that held back the present WMR HMDs.

4k res could be tempting, especially if it works with base stations and Knuckles - but then again, 3 hmds will be too much - one will just end up collecting dust...

I still have one DisplayPort free, but it would probably never work with G2 and Index connected at the same time - that's the great advantage of having Oculus separated from Steam, they don't bother each other and have their own homes and stores, lol. Even if I accidentally start SteamVR while CV1 is fully activated, Index still takes priority. So 2 are nice, 3 would probably be a hassle...   

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

kojack
MVP
MVP
I run with 3 headsets connected at once: Rift CV1, Rift-S and Quest Link. 🙂
That's the great thing about the Oculus software, just click Set As Active next to the one you want to use and it works.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Agreed, would solve all my worries if Valve did the same. Can't be hard with a Steam switch for choosing the active hmd... But if 2% of Steam users have a hmd connected, then maybe 0.001% have two, lol. 

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
I would just ditch the Dell and Vive and replace it with this one, assuming it was basically supported on steamVr as a index lite or S, but i would have to keep the CV1 because i have bought software on the Oculus platform and revive seems to be working with less and less these days, just found out Stern pinball no longer will works via it, i don't know if this is steam or oculus causing this, but it looked great on the Dell because of the 1440x1440 res, and i bought all the tables back in the day. 😞
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't see a 2K headset being $450, probably more likely to be $600 I think. How much is the Reverb?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Yeh definitely on my list of upgrade from the original reverb.  I think they retailed at $649 for enterprise version and $579 home version iirc.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
https://twitter.com/ZbyHP/status/1264957464258248705 more teases, keep an eye on the details of the video, they look just like the leaked images, so

Anonymous
Not applicable
In a way it feels like a step backwards to what Oculus is offering for the same type of tracking - 4 vs 5 cameras. On the other hand - the headset is not that costly and 600-800 is the range I would spend for a higher end headset - so perfect middle ground for hardware/specs I be the most interested in. So far HP has shown in the past it can do VR over coughcosmoscough so looking forward to this release for sure! Also, keep in mind these headsets are just the next step up - I wouldn't call it a generational leap yet. Until we hear more on a number of different specs - I assume its more of a refresh of their current line up as things mature. For example, if the image is true - it looks like they are going for a more stream-line plastic shell vs gen 1 fancy looking shell.

Other things to keep in mind (base off the specs above):
1) IF they kept the same resolution but up the FOV - that means more pixels are spread across the screen thus lowering the PPD down witch isn't the best idea for screen image quality (something MRTV notice about the StarVR - but didn't directly say it when he compare it to Index). Granted - it was already high before - 16PPD is still much higher than a lot of current headsets.
2) If the Res didnt increase, that means  the screen it self got the improvements witch is good still - but might still explain a higher cost as the higher the refresh rates - the more cooling and power it takes along with cost.
3) If they do increase the Res - it also means it will take a larger video card as there is no offset technology like FOVA at play.
4) If they did go digital IDP that means they switch to a single display vs dual displays for each eye. Lowering the cost, but removing feature as we see with other VR products.
5) Increase FOV means all games REALLY need a FOV setting option. Even Aylx is missing this feature for headsets that have a higher FOV. Other wise side objects in view will pop in and out. This also puts more demand on the GPU inside of things.
6) Everything is still a trade off but improving non the less:3

HP Employee
(Our comments are ours and NOT HP's)
5 points·16 hours ago
There are MANY things wrong in his post. 🙂

kojack said:

I wonder how much of the 4 camera solution was on HP and how much on MS? Will we see more WMR headsets with 4 cameras?

I think so if anyone else goes over to WMR - the tracking is done by MS - I would assume something from Samsung is just around the bin as well. The real question is if the other players will come back too or did they get burn off the deal enough last time? I also wonder if this is more of a play for MS in terms of trying to work with one partner to get it right than to have many and be across the board stretch. 

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
how exciting.  🙂