Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 - collaboration between HP, Valve and Microsoft

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
https://youtu.be/cz9wHbOOjpw

More here - sounds big with HP working together with Valve and Microsoft:

https://uploadvr.com/hp-reverb-g2-teased/

1coeczfe0b7v.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

240 REPLIES 240

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
^^Not support the knuckles hardware but support the new controllers like they were knuckles at the basic level, so the thumbsticks and button work just as if you were using knuckles, minus the finger tracking and such, giving the new HMD full index support in steamvr games that support the index. 😉
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish I knew what Oculus plan was. I might jump the gun and get the next HP headset. Even if its not as good in terms of the vision tracking - long as it can match that of Quest in daily usage I be more than happy to have higher res screens and a large FOV than what we have now. HD soo close - but feels still so far away. By the time they release that - other HMDs will be close enough in numbers it wont really matter anyways. Just for example, HD teased 30PPD and 130FOV - if the rumors are correct - we're already there with HP next headset. Even if its still only 16PPD over 130FOV its still a bigger jump than the 10-12PPD we're at right now. Not just in clarity - but in viewing. With the 3000s just around the bin as well - there should be enough horse power as well. I am consider just the top 10% so I wont be much of a lost for Oculus anyways - they still will have the entry and mid market. I just want something bleeding edge though to tie me over. Don't mind waiting - just itching at this point for some type of larger jump in VR already.

pyroth309
Visionary
Been excited for this since I first heard the rumors. Only negative to me would be lack of OLED as I'm kind of spoiled with three OLED headsets lol. I wonder what Samsung has up their sleeves with their rumored headset as well.

inovator
Consultant
I said in the past that if the index had inside out tracking it would be a buy for me. If this approaches the index and gets great reviews then for me it's a buy. After the htc cosmos disaster I'm glad valve is involved.

kojack
MVP
MVP
MRTV already has a video reveal of a new VR headset (that they can't name yet) scheduled for 12 hours from now (coincidentally the HP announcement of something new is 12 hours from now).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Wildt
Consultant
I gotta say that unless there are inside out tracked HMDs with VASTLY better light sensitivity than the Reverb, then I'm not buying another one. I gotta BLAST my black bat cave with lamps in the evening to avoid it going into 3DOF mode. 😞
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Don't let me down now HP, MS and Valve, i have convinced myself from absolutely no facts or evidence that this will be a Index lite or similar for £450 UK pounds with manual IPD and full steamVR support, but with a LCD panel, and even though i have clung to OLED for grim death, i think i am at some point going to have to accept that the industry seems to be moving to LCD, and if this has a LCD and the reviews are good then i might just have to pull that Oled band aid off now in one motion and get it over with, but we shall see.

So here we go.........be a index S, be a Index S, be a Index S.

CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hoping for native Steam VR support and no need for WMR. I doubt that will happen though.
Will know soon enough.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Im interested to see today’s reveal(s), but other than for Oculus products, I can’t get on the hype train without solid information and user reviews. Every new headset sounds great on paper, but then we end up with a Cosmos.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable

pyroth309 said:

Been excited for this since I first heard the rumors. Only negative to me would be lack of OLED as I'm kind of spoiled with three OLED headsets lol. I wonder what Samsung has up their sleeves with their rumored headset as well.

Well they are working towards Q-LCD at this time droping LCD as their main focus. In one of their papers - they talk about how they can combine with OLED thus creating Q-LEDs that are much thinner and cost less to produce at full RGB scales. Its a 5-10 year plan with them at the end just printing OLED dots in a 2 layer design vs the 6-8 we are right now at. That paper was release last year - so I wonder if they made some head way on this?They been known to product custom displays already with their HMD.

nalex66 said:

Im interested to see today’s reveal(s), but other than for Oculus products, I can’t get on the hype train without solid information and user reviews. Every new headset sounds great on paper, but then we end up with a Cosmos.

WMR was "ok" so we do have some idea on how it will work already. Thus, to some level, know some of the draw backs and improvements they can work on for this headset. We had no idea how the tracking would be like for the Cosmos as it was base on HTC design. Short of the tracking (witch was the biggest question-mark at the time) the headset was fine, but as we know - tracking is a BIG part of if a headset will do well as a total package too. Long as they improve the tracking for G2 (witch they did add 2 more cameras so there is hope) I think it will at least be miles a head of the Cosmos for its asking price of around the 600-700$ range (assuming its around the same price as the first one). Like you though - wait for the reviews so we know. I wouldn't just jump into a purchase like this with out some word of mouth. My biggest scare - is if Oculus sees this as a threat and release HD just next year xD Makes you wonder what Oculus might have done differently if Cosmos did sell well?