Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 - collaboration between HP, Valve and Microsoft

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
https://youtu.be/cz9wHbOOjpw

More here - sounds big with HP working together with Valve and Microsoft:

https://uploadvr.com/hp-reverb-g2-teased/

1coeczfe0b7v.png

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

240 REPLIES 240

kojack
MVP
MVP
So it's same res and fov as Reverb, better sound, better comfort, better panel quality, longer cable, requires extra USB power, valve designed lenses, WMR tracking and SteamVR isn't native.

Sounds like a nice update to the Reverb.

From earlier in the video they mentioned 60-68mm IPD, which is a bit of a small range.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

kojack
MVP
MVP
Interesting, there is no separate business license, you can use the headset for consumer or commercial use.
(The Oculus Business Quest costs double the normal 128GB Quest: $999us)

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

So it's same res and fov as Reverb, better sound, better comfort, better panel quality, longer cable, requires extra USB power, valve designed lenses, WMR tracking and SteamVR isn't native.

Sounds like a nice update to the Reverb.

From earlier in the video they mentioned 60-68mm IPD, which is a bit of a small range.

Seems like HP has been assimilated by the Borg, lol - Personally I think it's great to see a collaboration between MS, HP and Valve. Manufacturers standing together and supporting each other may be be just what VR needs. 

And you'll be able to purchase G2 in all regions, also through Steam (it seems) - theoretically much better availability than the Index.  

Limited fov and Hz - and most of all my beloved Knuckles - probably will be my reasons not to get a G2, but let's see some reviews first. I guess the G2 controllers still will need a lot of light to work like @Wildt said, because the rings are the same as old WMR controllers... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

McNutts
Adventurer
I'll pass until I see some really great reviews that blow me away. The positions of the cameras don't seem like it would have better controller tracking than a Quest. It might have comparable tracking to the Rift S. I would still rather have a Valve Index for $400 more to get the best tracking there currently is. 

Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

McNutts said:

I'll pass until I see some really great reviews that blow me away. The positions of the cameras don't seem like it would have better controller tracking than a Quest. It might have comparable tracking to the Rift S. I would still rather have a Valve Index for $400 more to get the best tracking there currently is. 

I think the HP dude (Ludwig) did say that tracking was like Rift-S. Might also depend of your frame of reference. Coming from 3 sensors CV1, Index was just slightly better or the same (and lets you play in a totally dark room). Coming from Quest, G2 may have the tracking you're used to and not be a problem... 

Luciferous
Consultant
FFS same FOV again. I knew I should not get excited. No compromises my arse.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

FFS same FOV again. I knew I should not get excited. No compromises my arse.

- and the left G2 thumbstick will start drifting within a month  😄 (sorry, should never joke about that  :# )

kojack
MVP
MVP
Damn it, UploadVR are adopting Pimax marketing bullshit terminology. They are calling the G2 a 4K headset.
That's not how it works!

Anonymous
Not applicable
So no release date or price yet?

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

snowdog said:

So no release date or price yet?

$599 - fall 2020.

Pre-order here  o:)

https://ssl.www8.hp.com/h41268/live/index.aspx?qid=33354