cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v18 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 6/5/2020: With the latest PTC update, we have introduced a fix for the SteamVR tracking bug on Rift that some users have reported here on the forums. Please note, however, we are aware that some Quest + Link users may experience some odd tracking behavior if they have mismatched software builds (i.e. V17 on Quest, and V18 on the desktop software). If you experience any unexpected behavior using Link while on the v18 PTC, it is recommended that you opt out of PTC to get back to v17 until the v18 software update has been rolled out to your Quest headset later this month. Thanks!

---

Oculus Link

• Improved translation accuracy on predicted-poses. This improves the visual stability of up-close content under fast head motion.
  • Fixed an issue where a gamepad could not be paired if only Quest was paired with the Oculus desktop app.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Quest from being detected by a PC event though it’s plugged into a compatible port. 
66 REPLIES 66

Richooal
Consultant
Just got 18.0.0.157.517
Haven't done much with it yet but would like to note that after this update (and after restarting my PC) Oculus is now able to tell the difference between a USB 2 and a USB 3 connection. My HMD is now correctly detected as being connected to USB 3.

Given that the release notes don't mention a fix, I'm assuming that this was purely accidental, just as the original problem was.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

MrDood12
Expert Protege
After installing this PTC version my cv1 did show up as correctly using USB 3.0. !HOWEVER! my cv1 touch controller had some serious tracking issues when in SteamVR. Whenever i'd make quick movements. my controllers would jump around. 

i used 4 sensors in total. 3 on usb 2.0, 1 on 3.0.

I hope you guys can look into it before releasing this issue on the stable version 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Played around with the PTC and it does seem to improve Link stability. I had no problems getting on first try and played about an hour of AZ Sunshine with no issues switching back and forth to the Oculus Home. The only bug I experienced was when I was done playing and pressed the disable link button from inside Oculus Home, a confirmation window I have never seen before popped up first and then when I was back at the Quest Home I was plopped waaaay back in a corner of the room. Resetting the view or a long press on the right home button didn't work. I had to reset the Quest... first time I've encountered this bug. Had to reset the headset to fix it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

Just got 18.0.0.157.517
Haven't done much with it yet but would like to note that after this update (and after restarting my PC) Oculus is now able to tell the difference between a USB 2 and a USB 3 connection. My HMD is now correctly detected as being connected to USB 3.

Given that the release notes don't mention a fix, I'm assuming that this was purely accidental, just as the original problem was.

Hopefully that is the case and more users that had this issue will have it fixed in this version.
Also if that is case nice that at least something was included that was not just for Quest Link users...

Xarstealth
Protege
why put releases notes and new version for rift\Rift S too if has not any update since 4 month?

furegato
Explorer

why put releases notes and new version for rift\Rift S too if has not any update since 4 month?

Because this is a SOFTWARE release, and since Quest and Rift uses the same software as an interface with the PC, Rift users get notified about all the software changes, even if it's only Quest changes.
Cheers!

bitzie
Expert Protege

To add further insult to injury for the fact that Oculus has abandoned the Rift S?

RattyUK
Trustee

bitzie said:

To add further insult to injury for the fact that Oculus has abandoned the Rift S?

Is it a fact?

PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

JakAzz425
Explorer
Has anyone Confirmed if this fixes the multitudes of Rift S's that are currently bricked,  and have been for a while now?
Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Z390 With 9900K / 970 Pro 1tb Boot Drive And WD Black 6tb Data Drive / 64GB Dominator Black / Strix 1080 TI / RMi1000 Watt / Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic / 2 Rad Custom Rigid Loop