cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v18 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 6/5/2020: With the latest PTC update, we have introduced a fix for the SteamVR tracking bug on Rift that some users have reported here on the forums. Please note, however, we are aware that some Quest + Link users may experience some odd tracking behavior if they have mismatched software builds (i.e. V17 on Quest, and V18 on the desktop software). If you experience any unexpected behavior using Link while on the v18 PTC, it is recommended that you opt out of PTC to get back to v17 until the v18 software update has been rolled out to your Quest headset later this month. Thanks!

---

Oculus Link

• Improved translation accuracy on predicted-poses. This improves the visual stability of up-close content under fast head motion.
  • Fixed an issue where a gamepad could not be paired if only Quest was paired with the Oculus desktop app.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Quest from being detected by a PC event though it’s plugged into a compatible port. 
66 REPLIES 66

TK.Prince
Protege
Released today ?? And nothing about USB3.0/Displayport connexion issue ??????????

TK.Prince
Protege

JakAzz425 said:

Has anyone Confirmed if this fixes the multitudes of Rift S's that are currently bricked,  and have been for a while now?

Absolutly not fixed ...

JakAzz425
Explorer

TK.Prince said:

JakAzz425 said:

Has anyone Confirmed if this fixes the multitudes of Rift S's that are currently bricked,  and have been for a while now?

Absolutly not fixed ...

Glad to hear about current priorities........  Yea we got some quest stuff taken care of like Quest gets there gamepad,  but screw all the rift users who literally can do nothing due to Ineptitude....
Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme Z390 With 9900K / 970 Pro 1tb Boot Drive And WD Black 6tb Data Drive / 64GB Dominator Black / Strix 1080 TI / RMi1000 Watt / Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic / 2 Rad Custom Rigid Loop

bitzie
Expert Protege

RattyUK said:

bitzie said:

To add further insult to injury for the fact that Oculus has abandoned the Rift S?

Is it a fact?

A small bit of what should be obvious hyperbole. But just look at the improvements that Oculus has rolled out specifically for the Rift S over the last several updates. Don't worry. I'll wait as you try to find them.

TK.Prince
Protege

bitzie said:

RattyUK said:

bitzie said:

To add further insult to injury for the fact that Oculus has abandoned the Rift S?

Is it a fact?

A small bit of what should be obvious hyperbole. But just look at the improvements that Oculus has rolled out specifically for the Rift S over the last several updates. Don't worry. I'll wait as you try to find them.

Since Quest, easy to find the answer ...

dan.m.griffiths
Explorer
Rift S: Did nothing to correct my Display Port cable is not connected error.  USB 3 Green light.  Display port green light for 3-5 seconds then goes back to the searching circle.  Bah.  Loads of people are having this error up and down the forums, are you trying to correct it?  Getting massively pissed off now.

Bloopie
Protege
Jeez. Oculus your doing a terrible job to the community Maybe actually pay attention to the rift s platform Now i actually might not even order the rift s 

bitzie
Expert Protege

Bloopie said:

Jeez. Oculus your doing a terrible job to the community Maybe actually pay attention to the rift s platform Now i actually might not even order the rift s 

I'm sure that the Reverb G2 announcement yesterday is exactly what Oculus wanted to have happen. Why would people buy the Rift S when a superior headset is coming out that is only a bit more expensive, especially compared to the Index? Finally Oculus can just let the Rift S completely die off and focus on the Quest.

RattyUK
Trustee

bitzie said:

RattyUK said:

bitzie said:

Is it a fact?

Just sounded like the usual to me...
My Rift S works fine, has done since the updates that finally fixed the random flashes and multiple Right Controllers.
I'm honestly not bothered, do they need to 'fix' something that works, or update just for the sake of it?
So I'm not worried...  but do smile over obvious hyperbole.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

LoneEcho
Expert Protege

Bloopie said:

Rift S is made by Lenovo, not Oculus. And now that Quest has link cable, Facebook wants you to forget about Rift S and buy Quest.  I'm thinking about selling my Rift S and buying the upcoming HP Reverb 2.