cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Cable replacement?

BlurryfaceWon
Honored Guest
After a year of extremely frequent use, a knot in my Rift S's cable seems to have ruined the display; upon movement of that knot the whole display goes black. Anybody know where I can acquire a replacement? I've already talked to support without any conclusive responses.
16 REPLIES 16

Digikid1
Consultant
Please search next time.  There are PLENTY of topics regarding this and they have all already been answered.

Hope you find your answer.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
The Rift S cable used to be available on the Oculus store under Accessories, but it had been absent for several months now. I would continue talking to support, as there seems to be no option to buy a replacement currently.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP

After a year of extremely frequent use, a knot in my Rift S's cable seems to have ruined the display; upon movement of that knot the whole display goes black. Anybody know where I can acquire a replacement? I've already talked to support without any conclusive responses.

Just contact Oculus support and ask them for help.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Xarstealth
Protege

TomCgcmfc said:

Just contact Oculus support and ask them for help.

lol did u read his message till the end? 

btw...ok i can believe that cables are just out of stock but...left and right pad are still on the store AND out of stock...but not the cable...

just to me looks like they stopped at all to suport rifts as with cv1 that dont have anymore spare parts ?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Well all you can do is keep asking imho.  What do you expect us forum users to do for you?  

If you are still under warranty request either a replacement or refund.  Not sure what else you can do mate.  Good luck.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Megalithik
Expert Protege
There is a replacement cable but it's out of stock.  They said they are going to be making more but right now it's not really a priority.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star

There is a replacement cable but it's out of stock.  They said they are going to be making more but right now it's not really a priority.

Was that from a support ticket ?
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Xarstealth
Protege

probably they will produce 3 or 4 more in the next year just because they are forced to provide theme for 2 years...
Rift S is dead, and they dont want to say it because of legal actions

Megalithik
Expert Protege

Umpa_PC said:

Was that from a support ticket ?

Support response to a reddit post a while ago asking when the tether cable will be available again.