cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Libraries have disappeard

SkidR0we
Explorer
My game libraries have completely disappeared on both the quest and in the desktop app. I am not able to install or play any of my games. When I browse to a game I own in the store it says I have already purchased the item, but I am not able to play it or access it. I installed sidequest on my pc and allowed debug mode along with virtual desktop just an hour ago, but other than that I haven't changed anything. The issue occurs in both the phone app and inside the quest itself. Any thoughts?
72 REPLIES 72

Il_Galla
Protege

Tembac said:

The issue is solved for me. 

My libraries disappeared AGAIN! Argh! And yours?

Paaants
Honored Guest
I cant even open my library to see if my games are there.  I click on it and it gets stuck on loading "Library...".  Same thing with Home and Store.  I cant do anything.  At least it was a recent purchase from Amazon, so I still have three days to return it if they dont fix this.  I'd still be out $100 for games and accessories but sometimes its better to just cut your losses. 

Deadman1981
Protege

Paaants said:

I cant even open my library to see if my games are there.  I click on it and it gets stuck on loading "Library...".  Same thing with Home and Store.  I cant do anything.  At least it was a recent purchase from Amazon, so I still have three days to return it if they dont fix this.  I'd still be out $100 for games and accessories but sometimes its better to just cut your losses. 

Re work for me this night... but just this night.... The problems are
come back this morning, no words... I just had the time for send refund
reclamation for some games but there are still three games for which I
could not ask because oculus feels that I have made too many refund
requests, it is true that it is not normal to ask for the refund of my
games that I cannot play because Oculus bug....

wuzp
Rising Star

...it is true that it is not normal to ask for the refund of my
games that I cannot play because Oculus bug....

The Oculus Store refund policy does not cover platform outages.
La politique de remboursement de l'Oculus Store ne couvre pas les pannes de plateforme.

If you've not played the maximum number of hours to qualify for a refund (2 hours), I'm sure Oculus would wave the 14 day requirement if the outage prevented a refund within that time. Getting a refund on all games because of the outage though, that won't happen.

There was an outage before, March 2018 I believe, and all those affected got a $15 store credit, I seem to remember it affected a lot of people and lasted a couple days.

Personally I think credit would be the way to deal with this problem too but that's up to Oculus. And as it seems to be affecting a select few, it's important to get those tickets in. Please try and stay polite though when dealing with support, even though I know it must be frustrating.

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
So when you buy and download a game, the game phones home to check entitlement every now and again ? 
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Deadman1981
Protege

If you've not played the maximum number of hours to qualify for a refund (2 hours), I'm sure Oculus would wave the 14 day requirement if the outage prevented a refund within that time. Getting a refund on all games because of the outage though, that won't happen.

There was an outage before, March 2018 I believe, and all those affected got a $15 store credit, I seem to remember it affected a lot of people and lasted a couple days.

Personally I think credit would be the way to deal with this problem too but that's up to Oculus. And as it seems to be affecting a select few, it's important to get those tickets in. Please try and stay polite though when dealing with support, even though I know it must be frustrating.

wtf!
By lucky, I just bought the games and don't have played them cause Oculus fucked up before. 

I
send refund request for all of them, just I can't for three cause the
number of request is limit but it stay one week for the rest.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Umpa_PC said:

So when you buy and download a game, the game phones home to check entitlement every now and again ? 

Well, in some ways the headset needs to verify your account details (including entitlements) against an Oculus server--for instance, when you browse the store in VR, it needs to know what titles you own so it can display the correct information. We don't know the actual mechanism at fault here, but it seems like the headset is getting some sort of incorrect response about the accounts in question that is leading it to think that there are no owned apps in the library.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
I wonder if its the same for the new GUI v's old.  Might be something to try.  Just a thought.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

Deadman1981
Protege
Oculus
refused me the refund of my games while I bought them less than two
weeks ago and could not even play at all for the most part since Oculus
did not work.... There is not even any justification for this refusal. So
again in discussions with the support... I have never seen this, I took
games at Oculus not even two weeks ago and I struggle with the support,
when it answers, for a week and a half!