New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Quest link extreme extension

I would like to play be games from my computer using the quest, the problem is my computer room isn’t in the most VR place and the nearest “usable” area is about requires 30ft of cable to reach and the best place requires 40 to maybe even 50ft (including slack to move around a bit) what can I do to extend and cable far enough?

Comments

• TomCgcmfcTomCgcmfc Posts: 2,769 Valuable Player
    For long distances like say 50ft I think you will need to use optical usb cable, like the official Oculus Link cable.  Pretty expensive though.

Custom built gaming desktop; i9 9900k (water cooled) oc to 5ghz, gtx 1080 ti, 32 gb 3000hz ram, 1 tb ssd, 4 tb hdd.  Asus  ROG Maximus xi hero wifi mb, StarTech 4 port/4 controller sata powered usb3.0 pcie card, PCI-E PCI Express to USB 3.1 Gen 2 card, Asus VG248QE 1080p 144hz gaming monitor, Oculus Rift cv1 w/2x sensors, Vive Pro w/2.0 base stations/controllers, Quest w/Link and VD wireless (good/close 5Ghz wifi and PC with Ethernet cable to my Router).

• 88th_lemon88th_lemon Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Yeah doesn’t help I’m on a relatively tight budget , imma keep searching tho
  • RichooalRichooal Posts: 1,880 Valuable Player
    If only they had a VR headset that didn't need a cable. Wouldn't that be something?

I'm amazed at how many people are buying a standalone headset so that they can buy a cable to use with their PC. It's also a bit weird that the only cable that Oculus sells is for their "standalone" headset.
    i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Senors - 0 PROBLEMS 1 minor problem
    Dear Oculus, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", please.

• enigma01enigma01 Posts: 975
    3Jane
    edited June 3