New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

"Order status: on hold" without explanation

choshenchoshen Posts: 3
NerveGear
Ordered the quest 128gb yesterday and got an email saying the process went successfully, with my order's number and the billing details in it. Yet I wasn't charged or even got a notification from my bank about the purchase, and when I check my order status it's simply "on hold", without further explanation. Nothing about my address or ‏the paying method. I already sent a ticket to oculus ‏support but I'm afraid I'm wasting time... Can anyone please explain this? 

Answers

• BlackPixel_BlackPixel_ Posts: 101
    Art3mis
    That's normal. I purchased a Quest, Rift, and Link cable, and received that same notification for a few days. Don't worry, it's coming eventually but it will take weeks. Once they finally charge you for the purchase you'll receive your purchase in a day or 2.

MSI X299 PRO / Intel® Core i7-9800X 8 Core W/HYPERTHREADING 3.5GHZ-4.40 TURBO / 32GB Extreme DDR4 2666MHz Memory / RTX 2070 SUPER / 

• wuzpwuzp Posts: 516
    Neo
    choshen said:
    Ordered the quest 128gb yesterday and got an email saying the process went successfully, with my order's number and the billing details in it. Yet I wasn't charged or even got a notification from my bank about the purchase, and when I check my order status it's simply "on hold", without further explanation. Nothing about my address or ‏the paying method. I already sent a ticket to oculus ‏support but I'm afraid I'm wasting time... Can anyone please explain this? 
    Are you located in a country OTHER THAN these?

• choshenchoshen Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    That's normal. I purchased a Quest, Rift, and Link cable, and received that same notification for a few days. Don't worry, it's coming eventually but it will take weeks. Once they finally charge you for the purchase you'll receive your purchase in a day or 2.
    To be honest, they canceled my order about a week ago, AFTER I had 2 chats with representatives who either said that there is nothing to worry about and that my order will be fixed soon, or suggested an impossible solution.. It was odd, both reps said totally different things about the same problem and none of them was right. Anyway, got tired of that support team and long shipments and managed to just buy a second handed quest from a guy who lives an hour drive away from me. It was way faster than Oculus (which in my case arrive by... never). I'm loving the headset, but pretty much disappointed of Oculus for obvious reasons. But well, c'est la vie I guess.