cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S Headstrap alternative without knob at the back?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
I wonder if there is any alternative to the Rift S's halo that does not have than tightening knob at the back of the head.
Problem is, due to the knob I cannot sit comfortably in my racing chair.

7 REPLIES 7

lensmandave
Superstar
I don't know of an alternative solution, but the halo band is available as an accessory. I guess if you had the skills you could engineer some modifications and still have the original as a back up 🙂
Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB - Nvidia RTX 3080 ti - 16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess if you had the skills

Yeah, if I had. 😉

morphee7
Expert Protege
there is a way but i feel a bit exspensive that mike shows on virtual reality oasis

Anonymous
Not applicable

morphee7 said:

there is a way but i feel a bit exspensive that mike shows on virtual reality oasis

… aaaand what does the deluxe audio strap have on its backside?  😐

morphee7
Expert Protege
oh yeah my bad lol maybe you could do it with the original rift head strap? im sure you could find a cheap spares and repairs one

McNutts
Adventurer
I looked and I didn't find anything. If you have a 3D printer you could use an Oculus GO head strap. It's all cloth so it would seem to work for you. But again you would need to design and 3D print some adapters for it to work.
Ryzen 7 5800X | 3090FE | 32GB@3600MHz | Rift S | 128GB Quest1 | 256GB Quest2 | 64GB Go | PSVR | Index

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,
bumping this topic in hope someone stumbled upon a solution meanwhile … anyone?