cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pinned display z-fighting issue bug

MalicTolsen
Protege
For the last few weeks, using both standard and PTC, have been getting the following issue.

High quality panels has a workaround where if you tweak it enough it can be *seen*, but it takes multiple times to get it to be just right.

It looks to be a z-fighting issue where the gray polygon that is supposed to be "behind" and the image of the display cant tell what is in front of what until I get that perfect storm for it to show.  resizing bigger can get it to go away, but it is then far to large for use for reading when I am streaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HpHyYvIezE
22 REPLIES 22

MalicTolsen
Protege
It is June 5th and this is still an issue, has been since December last year

Skymasterpt
Honored Guest
I suffer from this issue Since that last big update to oculus i cannot precise if it was from december or just after but i also have it and is freaking annoying!!! 

Taomyn
Protege
Please Oculus, get this fixed - even when after fiddling with the window position and getting it to work, if you remove the headset or just drop onto the desktop, when returning to my game the window is grey again.
---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

DrBo42
Honored Guest
Please fix this.

JJSmashingPumpk
Honored Guest
I have the same issue. Please can you fix this.

MalicTolsen
Protege
New version 20.0 PTC update, still does not fix this problem.

Taomyn
Protege
Same here, still cannot believe it's been nearly 8 months without this getting looked at or even acknowledged
---
Rift S | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU | Asus RoG Strix X470-I Gaming Motherboard | Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM | EVGA nVidia 3080Ti FTW3 GPU | Samsung 870 EVO Plus 260GB NVMe | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair H100i v2 Cooler | Thermaltake Core V21 Case | Corsair RMx 850 PSU

Melantrix
Honored Guest
I have the exact same problem. It's reallly anoying, so much so that it makes Oculus Dash worthless to use. Can you please look into this bug and/or at least awknoledge this?

lucasjose501
Honored Guest
I bought my Rift-S a few weeks ago and noticed the same problem, also playing Elite Dangerous. This happened with Firefox window with twitch open and sometimes, when I set the mouse over it fix the problem temporally

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have same issue with window going grey and need to play with it several times to make it visible. This issue happens as soon as i move and or resize the window in pass threw mode and will happen randomly in game when i pin a window to view it even if window was visible in pass threw mode.
Also i have been loosing view of my mouse (mouse is invisible) in that window when issue happens and i "play with window" to fix it. The mouse is there but cant see it, i can only "see" its position when it highlights something as i pass over it. I need to restart Oculus application to get it visible again.