cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can u make GeForce MX230 support oculus link? pls

alifaran004
Protege
i buy the wire for oculus link my laptop is compatable with oculus link exept my GPU so plz make it support
25 REPLIES 25

Umpa_PC
Rising Star
^^^and that's why^^^
I did not quote him.
Oculus Rift S - Oculus Quest 128GB
MSI trident 3 7RB-200UK Intel Core i5-7400 3 Ghz x2
MSI GTX 1050 Ti (4GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1060 OC (6GB) & MSI Aero GTX 1070 OC 8GB
16 GB RAM x2, 1TB HDD x2, 1TB SSD x2
Windows 10 Home Edition Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363, Oculus version 17, Quest Version 17
Fan Cooling by Zotac FireStorm - AfterBurner cause me problems.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

RuneSR2  it wont work oculus app

i only want this gpu support for play my dream games

i cant do vr if the gpu support

Honestly it is so far off being able to do VR just forget about it and enjoy your quest. You still have a great VR device and in the future when you are ready to upgrade your laptop come here and get help before you buy.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

alifaran004
Protege
but if im play games on quest sometimes there is black screen idk how to fix it

alifaran004
Protege

Digikid1 said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!
 why u laughing

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Digikid1 said:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

why u laughing

I think you're the one who should try to solve that riddle, note that this thread is filled with hints. Actually so many hints that the mods may consider closing this thread. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

OK yeah, explanations have been given as to why the GPU in question can't be supported, namely that VR is much more demanding than non-VR games at any given resolution, and an MX230 isn't powerful enough for PC VR unfortunately.

Without using Link, the Quest uses its own processing power to run less demanding games which have been developed to run well on that limited hardware. Using a Quest with Link turns it into a PC VR headset like the Rift and allows it access to Rift games that have been developed to use the power of PCs (or laptop's), those are entirely different games, or versions of games that couldn't otherwise be run on a Quest.

Hope this sums things up ok and as @bigmike20vt said in his post, if you decide to upgrade, you're welcome to create a thread and ask for advice if you need it, thanks.