cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orange Light blinking Oculus Go

sam-studiox
Honored Guest
Hello,
I wanted to switch users on my oculus Go because I didn't have acces to the main account. I did a factory reset in the with the power and volume - button. But now the screen is black and while charging the orange light blinks. I dont know what to do, has anybody a solution? 

thanks in advance
24 REPLIES 24

wirelitesoft.dev
Adventurer

TCDigital said:

Just has exactly the same thing happen!
Followed official advice to factory reset to change accounts, and now only flashing orange when plugged in, and not turning on!

I had this issue... What i did is used a different usb cord and the blinking stopped. let your GO sit for about 15 mins after the reset then plug in a different usb port on your pc using a DATA enabled usb cord, let it charge for 6 hours then it will work again.

vmatrix
Explorer
Pulled out oculus go after few days of being stuck with orange light.
This time i connected oculus go to laptop usb 2.0 port. For once i was able to see stable orange light, means booting up.
But then this became a boot loop. I can see oculus logo on screen, the orange light will remain steady for few seconds, i can see logo for few seconds and  than the device will shutdown and orange light will flicker for 15 seconds before looping over. The loop goes on. When I tried to charge the device with regular oculus go charger. All i was able to see is blinking orange light. Using charger never booted the device up.

So kind of wondering, if the factory reset some how reset the battery calibrations or the battery has gone into deep sleep. I left the OGO connected to laptop for over 8hrs, it still going in boot loop. While it is in boot loop, its neither detected as Qualcom HS USB QDloader nor does adb or fastboot works.

Or the boot image got corrupt, which means we need to flash it again. As it doesnt even boot into recovery.
If i press the volume down key along with power key for more than 30 seconds, the device goes into Qualcom HS USB QDloader. 

The utter silence about the issue from company at large is also not comforting 😞

@Downunder35m : Any suggestions based on your experiences?

vmatrix
Explorer
Update
After keeping in charging for 2 days using laptop USB 2.0
Now a stable orange light shows up, showing its charging. No more boot loops, but when i press the start button, the oculus logo shows up for 2-3 seconds and then the system shutdowns and remains in charging mode. 
If i remove the charing plug, the device is dead, no lights and buttons also do not work.

Pressing home button + volume down for long duration and then connecting it to laptop at times trigger the Qualcom USB loader mode. I guess this happens when i try to initiate the recovery menu.

None the less, until company releases flashing solution, its probably not going revive back. By the way manufacturer MI does provide flashing ability to its customers.

mikey1781
Honored Guest
hey so I too did the factory reboot on the device and screwed it up. I have it plugged in and leave it. I go to power it on and I can see the Oculus logo come on then the screen goes black and the orange light starts blinking fast again. I can’t even try resetting it again it won’t let me. Now Oculus is telling me it’s pooched but I bought it second hand and now the warranty doesn’t work for me.  Has anyone got there VR back working after this happening? I’m really frustrated and just want to get this resolved. I don’t even want a new set just this one fixed. 

Vikzz
Honored Guest
Why hasn't been there any response. Same here, factory reset and boom the bloody device bricks. Hardly used, there are no replies and I don't even stay in US to be able to return it. They will cite their replacement policy etc but how do I get my device fixed. Feeling frustrated and let down 

ptsh
Honored Guest
This issue is real and it's happening with a lot of users. When you reset the device (a procedure recommended by them), it just bricks. Also, there's no support from their side if you're out of warranty. So, do not buy any product from them anymore. You'll regret.

RonnieWilson84
Honored Guest
Wow, I wish the OGO website would recommend to try every other way to change accounts before doing a factory reset, maybe with a warning that the system is unstable and kills most units that do the reset..

VincentVedx
Honored Guest
Same thing Is happening to me right after recommended factory reset. any updates or resolutions?

VincentVedx
Honored Guest

Really sorry for the delay. We've responded on your ticket.

What was the response?

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
So you expect someone to answer a +1.5yo thread?  Just follow the safe way to reset your Go in one of the pinned threads on this sub-forum.  Otherwise, contact Oculus Support and start (another?) ticket would be best imho.  I've had my Go since the beginning (+2yrs now) without any problems.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers