cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't add payment method to my account

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tried multiple cards, including fiance's card, no luck I always get an
"Error:  There was an error trying to add your payment method." message..

91 REPLIES 91

QVR-Dude
Protege
Oculus has updated their SDK 17(Quest) times now, but none of the updates have been able to figure this one out... and it was happening well before the Quest was ever released.  It's clear now- either Oculus knows what's going on but can't go public with the reason why, or Oculus is doing it themselves!  Either way, the Pico Neo 2 has just went public and as much as I hate China right now, I hate Oculus/Facebook even more.  I'm willing to buy a product from a country that willingly threw the whole human race under the bus just so their communist image could be protected!!! 

China's Godless communist party headset is now an acceptable alternative for me!!!  This thread has 16.5 thousand views as of 6/10/2020... what does that tell you?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did follow up on this thread - while they say they can not cover everyone with a single issue, they do recommend trying to reach out with them. In the mean time, as I gather more information, I will be happy to keep bugging them to try and seek for a solution. As for the view - if it was a problem, I like more people who read this thread to respond to it so we try and track down the issue. 

Keepscouting
Protege
@Mradr  Thank you and I appreciate you trying to support us. I tried to open a new thread myself to see if it might gain me a solution or maybe show in a report that more and more people are having this issue. What I am seeing is creating a new acct within Occulus and Facebook might be a viable solution, but you run the risk that the problem still could occur. And if your someone that once had purchased something you lose those purchased items. For the cost of this rig that is to me just unacceptable.
     The fact that they are no longer attempting to charge my Credit Card tells me my Oculus acct has been red flagged and should be a fairly easy fix...but at this time it has been 2 days with no response and the last response was asking me the same questions the previous tech has asked me...What card, what browser, Did I try PayPal, etc...Things I answered multiple times already.. I have had this rig for 9 days...I opened my ticket on day 2 after my banks said it was not on their end. And seeing that this type of issue has been going on since 2016 you would think support would have several quick things to try etc...
Thank you again for being the only one that seems to want to respond to us at this time with a non-canned response.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the replay. I did add your last post as well to the list of threads that are having problems. I also added the ones from Mexico. Hopefully we hear back soon. So far the rep I have on hand seems to be really nice.

NorskViking28
Honored Guest
Support figured it out.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Lots of people have this fix - if you are still having issue - I recommend reaching out to Oculus support. At worst, you are in an area that is taking a while to get everything setup with changes as well (looking at EU and their mail carriers).

josephch5
Explorer
Issue still happening after 4 years

leolinsensei
Honored Guest
well still no luck still cant add card payment since May 2019 . Now i got a Quest 2 and can't really use it

jefranc15
Explorer
I may have found the solution for everyone and sharing it here as I also was not able to add any major credit cards and even paypal accounts to my oculus account. What I did was change my username and the email connected to my oculus account then afterwards I tried adding in a credit card and then in WORKED!

RobVR5712
Honored Guest
Exact same boat - and support is just USELESS!  5-7 days to get back to you.  
I have never had such a frustrating experience in my life.
What is even worse is Im trying to get a development account so I can side load some stuff, and the only way to do that is the verify with a credit card.
I open a support ticket - they tell me to get a developers account to reach out to developer support here:
developer.oculus . com/support/
So I go there...any link I click It says I have to verify my account to get developer support. So that is useless.

Would love to know how to do this w/ a quest 2!
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?