cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talos Principle - tough puzzles!

Wildt
Consultant
Been playing this great game on and off for quite a while, and yesterday I reached "Alley of the pressure plates", and whoaa.. It was late, and I might not have been at my sharpest state of mind, but I was clueless for 30 minutes, and then fumbling around failing for another 30 minutes.
I then found a fairly primitive solution where I spent a really long time recording myself standing on 1 plate.
I then googled it to see if my method was "normal", and found this video of an elegant quick solution, which I doubt I could've come up with regardless of how long I was given.

There's just something about those dual timelines that my brain has serious problems comprehending.
Have any of you guys done this level, and what was your solution and how long did it take you?
If the difficulty keeps ramping like this I'm gonna have to give up 😞

PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb
19 REPLIES 19

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I just acquired this (thanks @snowdog) and play to try it soon!

Wildt
Consultant

Zenbane said:

I just acquired this (thanks @snowdog) and play to try it soon!

Maybe you'll finish it before me..  my tired brain is making all sorts of poor excuses whenever I spot the game sitting unfinished in my Steam library. It still hasn't reclaimed its self esteem after having to resort to a YT vid for one of the most pesky puzzles. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
The game is amazing all around. I beat every main puzzle but then realized that there are larger puzzles that span multiple individual puzzle areas. (For example, raise up one of those laser devices and have it hit a spot in another part of the world outside of your immediate puzzle area.) I was highly impressed with the complexity of it but it was too daunting to finish those bonus type puzzles.

Wildt
Consultant

The game is amazing all around. I beat every main puzzle but then realized that there are larger puzzles that span multiple individual puzzle areas. (For example, raise up one of those laser devices and have it hit a spot in another part of the world outside of your immediate puzzle area.) I was highly impressed with the complexity of it but it was too daunting to finish those bonus type puzzles.

Well done! No peeking at walkthroughs or anything? :wink:
I know about those bonus puzzles, but I haven't bothered trying to solve them yet. Doubt I will. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Wildt said:

Well done! No peeking at walkthroughs or anything? :wink:
I know about those bonus puzzles, but I haven't bothered trying to solve them yet. Doubt I will. 

Guess we're getting too old, the young ones have all the fun. I think Einstein and Bohr were about 25 years old when making some of their finest discoveries and formulas/equations - now some of us have already lost about 10 - 20 grams of brain weight due to atrophy, but of course better than the 70 years old having lost about 100 grams... 

I better not wait too long finishing Talos - and Room VR :#  

(This was meant to be a funny post with some real world spice added ;))

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

LoneEcho
Expert Protege
I came up to a point in the game where you have to start using those things on tripods. But for some reason, those things aren't solid. They look like holograms and i can't interact with them in any way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wildt said:

Well done! No peeking at walkthroughs or anything? 

Nope no cheating. About 50% of my time was literally just standing there thinking and saying, "WTF?"

Anonymous
Not applicable

DuxCro said:

I came up to a point in the game where you have to start using those things on tripods. But for some reason, those things aren't solid. They look like holograms and i can't interact with them in any way.

Do you mean like in the video posted above? Anything that appears as a hologram like that is a recording. You use that switch to start the recording and then you move around, set objects up, etc... Everything you did will then be played back as a recording (looks like hologram) when you hit the switch again. So while that recording plays out you then go on and do other acts to progress.  You basically work in tandem with "yourself" that you recorded previously. Even though those things are holograms they still interact with the environment as the recording plays. Very difficult to put into words but that video above is a perfect example.

The way the puzzles are designed are brilliant. When you finish a tough one you feel like a genius. For about 30 seconds until you get stumped on the next one.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

adam.poole.313 said:

About 50% of my time was literally just standing there thinking and saying, "WTF?"

Love doing time in Talos, and Room VR - might do some more this evening  😄 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

adam.poole.313 said:
Nope no cheating. About 50% of my time was literally just standing there thinking and saying, "WTF?"

This accurately describes how I beat all the Myst games.