cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sad news Today if True

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Excuse the melodramatic title but rumours are going around that SONY's at it again with the upcoming Resident Evil 8. A trusted source has suggested the game will be PSVR compatible. It's not clear whether this will be the same exclusivity as Resident Evil 7 but it's possible and likely given SONY's track record. 

I hope Capcom see sense this time and actually develop for PC as well even if it's the same one year exclusivity as before. Let's hope then or would now be a good time for Oculus to open-up those discussions with Capcom again?

😞 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
40 REPLIES 40

pyroth309
Visionary

OmegaM4N said:

I have not even finished RE7 on the PSVR as i found it a snooze feast after a while, but i am not really fan of the RE franchise or that Metal Gear ones, never could get into them.....although i did like RE5 due to its online coop.

Yea that's how I felt about it. I gave it a fair shot and it was cool but my PSVR has bad mura that made the dark scenes kinda unbearable for me. My friend who is a big RE fan loved it and raved about it though. Different strokes.

flyingsod
Explorer
Im sure its got little to do with Capcom or thier decisions. Uncle Sony owns RE and decides what happens with it. Sony IS Umbrella corp after all.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Well here's some good news and also bad depending on how you look at it. Star Citizen might be getting VR, but the bad news is it won't be available in any of our lifetimes. I'm hoping to just play the finished game in my lifetime, which still doesn't look likely to happen.

Anonymous
Not applicable
That game will NEVER leave Alpha. Every time that Chris Roberts starts to run out of hookers, beer and coke they just release a new bloody ship. ???

It's only a matter of time before he moves his office to the Cayman Islands ????????

Roberts is just GODAWFUL at project management, he did EXACTLY the same thing with his last project, Freelancer, which needed Microsoft to bail it out.

I'm not that pissed off about losing my 36 quid because knowing his track record I really wasn't expecting it to release anyway. It was just a gamble when I had a few quid going spare. Easy come, easy go. ?

pyroth309
Visionary
Nice about Star Citizen VR. Not that I put any faith into anything they say but it's cool to at least see them talk about it. I still play Star Citizen from time to time, Jumped in it about a month ago in fact. It's a good time but still a long way to go. The progress compared a year or so ago is extreme but they overpromised way too much stuff.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

pyroth309 said:

Nice about Star Citizen VR. Not that I put any faith into anything they say but it's cool to at least see them talk about it. I still play Star Citizen from time to time, Jumped in it about a month ago in fact. It's a good time but still a long way to go. The progress compared a year or so ago is extreme but they overpromised way too much stuff.

When do you think Star Citizen will be ready if ever? Next year the game has been in development for a decade... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

RuneSR2 said:

Next year the game has been in development for a decade... 

That's some long-term job security.

According to a Cambridge University study, 43% of crowd funded projects are delayed by more than a year and 25% lacked promised features. I wonder how that compares to conventionally funded projects. I guess we just wouldn't have a lot of these products without crowd funding so it is what it is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

RuneSR2 said:

Next year the game has been in development for a decade... 

That's some long-term job security.

According to a Cambridge University study, 43% of crowd funded projects are delayed by more than a year and 25% lacked promised features. I wonder how that compares to conventionally funded projects. I guess we just wouldn't have a lot of these products without crowd funding so it is what it is.

I feel like it has to do with more project management. A lot of these devs and small companies don't have their feet wet enough to know what they can promise and what they can't in the time scale they say they will fit it in. A lot of the reason is because game companies are always putting bets if their software will sell and have to a lot of money in the bank to even get started with. Thus, this is one way (like a summer job) to get their feet wet and to create some amazing content. Plus, I feel like some features they say they will add in are just hooks for some people. "Watch this video to find out what the Doctors don't want you to know" type of things.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
SONY should have exclusive especially if they pony up some $$$. In this instance though RE8 will be a multi-platform title so it kind of sucks if they do. I actually did buy a PSVR for RE7 and then sold it, but I already owned a PS4. It's a bit of an investment for just one game. Oculus exclusives have Revive to work on other headsets. PSVR is totally exclusive to PS4/5. Not fair when few AAA games of this calibre release in VR.  I think back to how people (myself included especially) speculated the RE7 VR PC release after the 1 year exclusivity deal ended. But it never happened.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Oculus exclusives have Revive to work on other headsets. PSVR is totally exclusive to PS4/5. Not fair when few AAA games of this calibre release in VR.  

Really? You're going to use the Revive argument when Revive isn't actually built and owned by Oculus? 

Complain if you want, but it is 100% fair for Sony to have as many exclusives as they want, just as Oculus does. Sony is not bound to abandon their Exclusivity Model just because a completely independent company launched Revive to help port Oculus Exclusives.