cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S Displayport Problems after 6. month - already broken?

Daimzor
Honored Guest
Okay.. first let me say one thing: my English is bad but i hope someone can help me! 😞

When i plug in my VR Headset it connects with USB 3.0 and with Displayport, but after 5sec. it says "no displayport" and it repeats over and over again... like: on - off - on - off

things i already try:

Oculus Launcher installed on new version (also reinstalled and using the beta version)

Graphicscard is up to date, my computer too.

PC restarted several times.

Also updated drivers with device manager

Displayport sockets on the graphics card checked and working fine (vr headset too)

i also tested all displayport sockets and usb 3.0 and 2.0 but nothing changed

i bought that headset 6month ago and it worked great but nooow? 

My PC: Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX2080Ti | Gigbyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2TB M.2 SSD

how can i fix that?
21 REPLIES 21

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried a Repair of the Oculus software?
Download the installer from Oculus and run it, then when prompted choose the Repair option.
It will download all the files and use them to repair the existing install, keeping your games intact.

Likely won't help but worth a shot if you have not tried it.
Have the Rift unplugged and only plug in when the installer prompts you to do so.

Crazy_Sane
Superstar

Daimzor said:

Okay.. first let me say one thing: my English is bad but i hope someone can help me! 😞

When i plug in my VR Headset it connects with USB 3.0 and with Displayport, but after 5sec. it says "no displayport" and it repeats over and over again... like: on - off - on - off

things i already try:

Oculus Launcher installed on new version (also reinstalled and using the beta version)

Displayport sockets on the graphics card checked and working fine (vr headset too)

My PC: Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX2080Ti | Gigbyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2TB M.2 SSD

how can i fix that?

Did you resolve your problem? I assume you submitted a support ticket before you wrote this post?..

TK.Prince
Protege

Daimzor said:

things i already try:

how can i fix that?

Just see that you have a Gigabyte too. I see on mine that my USB 3.0 are USB DAC-UP. That can't come from this ?
That could be usefull to create an topic with all people who have this problem and see our hardware configurations. 

dan.m.griffiths
Explorer
I had this problem too.  I had to return the headset and I am still waiting for them to return a new one.  It seems it is a software and not a hardware problem though.  Even after going through all the troubleshooting this problem still remains, but the headset worked fine before the software update.  

Been over a month now and I am still waiting...

dan.m.griffiths
Explorer

TK.Prince said:

Daimzor said:

things i already try:

how can i fix that?

Just see that you have a Gigabyte too. I see on mine that my USB 3.0 are USB DAC-UP. That can't come from this ?
That could be usefull to create an topic with all people who have this problem and see our hardware configurations. 

If you want to create one, I'll post my specifications there and we can compare.  But, as I said, it is probably a software problem as I bought a powered USB 3 hub and a powered PCI-e card and had no luck on any 3.0 ports.

TK.Prince
Protege

TK.Prince said:

Daimzor said:

things i already try:

how can i fix that?

If you want to create one, I'll post my specifications there and we can compare.  But, as I said, it is probably a software problem as I bought a powered USB 3 hub and a powered PCI-e card and had no luck on any 3.0 ports.

I'm pretty sure too, but why this not happening to all Rift User ? 

dan.m.griffiths
Explorer
I have no idea.  Do you have yours back yet?

TK.Prince
Protege
Mine back ? My replacement ? They said to me September ... But I'm not supported by the support but by Oculus Start. So delay is different. And you ?

dan.m.griffiths
Explorer
Still waiting. Been told not to contact them as that makes the wait longer each time I do!  Worst customer support ever.