cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link

ColtonBaird32
Explorer
So I bought the link and im currently waiting for my quest to ship in. I have a usb c port on my mother board and not my graphics card. Does this mean im only getting power from my cpu or am I getting power from my graphics card.
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I bought the link and im currently waiting for my quest to ship in. I have a usb c port on my mother board and not my graphics card. Does this mean im only getting power from my cpu or am I getting power from my graphics card.

From your graphics card.
I run mine through a C-Port on my MB as well.

PappyVanWinkle
Explorer
Yeah, well I'm not a happy camper! I just spent over 80.00 US for this cable and now I have to buy a 3.1 USB-A to USB-C because my 2year old gaming PC has no USB-C ports  HAY OCULUS YOU THINK YOU COULD INCLUDE AN ADAPTOR WITH YOUR 80.00 CABLE!!!!!

ColtonBaird32
Explorer

Yeah, well I'm not a happy camper! I just spent over 80.00 US for this cable and now I have to buy a 3.1 USB-A to USB-C because my 2year old gaming PC has no USB-C ports  HAY OCULUS YOU THINK YOU COULD INCLUDE AN ADAPTOR WITH YOUR 80.00 CABLE!!!!!

Shit bub that's crazy! It honestly is a pricy ass cable. The most expensive cable I ever bought hahaha

ColtonBaird32
Explorer

dburne said:

From your graphics card.
I run mine through a C-Port on my MB as well.

Ok cool I was just wondering. Im glad I do not have to get a adapter. Thanks for the help!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Shit bub that's crazy! It honestly is a pricy ass cable. The most expensive cable I ever bought hahaha

Not really. The description on the Oculus Link Cable states it is USB-C.
Should not come as any surprise.