cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Rift S Displayport Problems after 6. month - already broken?

Daimzor
Honored Guest
Okay.. first let me say one thing: my English is bad but i hope someone can help me! 😞

When i plug in my VR Headset it connects with USB 3.0 and with Displayport, but after 5sec. it says "no displayport" and it repeats over and over again... like: on - off - on - off

things i already try:

Oculus Launcher installed on new version (also reinstalled and using the beta version)

Graphicscard is up to date, my computer too.

PC restarted several times.

Also updated drivers with device manager

Displayport sockets on the graphics card checked and working fine (vr headset too)

i also tested all displayport sockets and usb 3.0 and 2.0 but nothing changed

i bought that headset 6month ago and it worked great but nooow? 

My PC: Ryzen 9 3900x | 32GB RAM | RTX2080Ti | Gigbyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2TB M.2 SSD

how can i fix that?
21 REPLIES 21

Daimzor
Honored Guest

Still waiting. Been told not to contact them as that makes the wait longer each time I do!  Worst customer support ever.

TK.Prince said:

Mine back ? My replacement ? They said to me September ... But I'm not supported by the support but by Oculus Start. So delay is different. And you ?

Hello I have contacted the support. The day after where I asked the question here in the forum (May 5th, 2020). We tried to find a solution but nothing worked. (It took 2 weeks) On May 18, 2020 I was suggested to replace my Oculus Rift S with a new one so I sent all the components over. They received my Oculus on May 21st and on June 26th they processed my order. The new Oculus Rift S was shipped on May 27th. So you need patience, but it was worth the wait. The new one worked perfectly.          btw: translated with google translator. LOL

TK.Prince
Protege

Daimzor said:

Still waiting. Been told not to contact them as that makes the wait longer each time I do!  Worst customer support ever.

TK.Prince said:

Mine back ? My replacement ? They said to me September ... But I'm not supported by the support but by Oculus Start. So delay is different. And you ?

Hello I have contacted the support. The day after where I asked the question here in the forum (May 5th, 2020). We tried to find a solution but nothing worked. (It took 2 weeks) On May 18, 2020 I was suggested to replace my Oculus Rift S with a new one so I sent all the components over. They received my Oculus on May 21st and on June 26th they processed my order. The new Oculus Rift S was shipped on May 27th. So you need patience, but it was worth the wait. The new one worked perfectly.          btw: translated with google translator. LOL

Thanks for your feedback. Google translator make the job ! I must use it ^^.

So we will wait ... I'm waiting since march ... I really don't understand the situation. From where the problem come ...

dan.m.griffiths
Explorer
Oh dear. I really don't understand what can take so long.  They have the item in stock, they have received the faulty one, just dispatch the new one.  This should never take over a month.  Ah well, at least you had yours back.  It gives us some hope!

Honosuseri
Protege
Had the same issue over the Display port and was told to return the HMD. Oculus received my Rift S back on 19th June. 29th of June I was told my order was processed, 1st of July I got a "sales invoice" telling me the HMD was on it's way. Received a working Rift S today on the 2nd of July

BronzaKnight
Honored Guest
I said this on another forum already, but if you have windows defender active then you need to end that task and the display port might work that time.

NWGJulian
Explorer

I said this on another forum already, but if you have windows defender active then you need to end that task and the display port might work that time.

people got a new rift s and the new one works! so it MUST be a hardware failure!

i have almost the same issues right now. i get a new cable now, hoping that its not the rift s itself but a broken cable.

Schmiefel
Honored Guest

NWGJulian said:

people got a new rift s and the new one works! so it MUST be a hardware failure!

i have almost the same issues right now. i get a new cable now, hoping that its not the rift s itself but a broken cable.

Funny thing: my  RiftS worked on 2 PCs without any problems since I bought it half a year ago. Then suddenly it first lost DP connectivity plus getting several CTDs with even BSOD of the whole system on my better PC (i7/6700k, vega64Nitro+,64 GB RAM) . I did then almost every thing from reverting graphics drivers to earlier versions, completely uninstalling the whole Oculus Software, trying different USB ports besides my powered Inathek card exclusivly used for the Rift. I even did the Windows feature update from 1909 to 2004 and reset every system OC to factory defaults (with getting more BSOD then ever)... The only thing thing that's left will re-installing the whole system. But before I'll do that, I'll put away the Rift forever. 
But  the rift refuses to find its sensors when doing the setup after it stated USB and DP for good.
On the other PC - beeing much weaker with only an i5 CPU and a standard GTX1060 - also running Win10 rel. 2004 and the latest stable OR Software its still working without any problems. So I am pretty sure it has to do with faulty software and not defective hardware. 

NWGJulian
Explorer

Schmiefel said:

NWGJulian said:

Funny thing: my  RiftS worked on 2 PCs without any problems since I bought it half a year ago. Then suddenly it first lost DP connectivity plus getting several CTDs with even BSOD of the whole system on my better PC (i7/6700k, vega64Nitro+,64 GB RAM) . I did then almost every thing from reverting graphics drivers to earlier versions, completely uninstalling the whole Oculus Software, trying different USB ports besides my powered Inathek card exclusivly used for the Rift. I even did the Windows feature update from 1909 to 2004 and reset every system OC to factory defaults (with getting more BSOD then ever)... The only thing thing that's left will re-installing the whole system. But before I'll do that, I'll put away the Rift forever. 
But  the rift refuses to find its sensors when doing the setup after it stated USB and DP for good.
On the other PC - beeing much weaker with only an i5 CPU and a standard GTX1060 - also running Win10 rel. 2004 and the latest stable OR Software its still working without any problems. So I am pretty sure it has to do with faulty software and not defective hardware. 

that is weird.

i tryed my rift s on 3 different systems and i couldnt run on one of them.

ZAF
Honored Guest
4th RIFT. 3 CV1s All ear phones break within few months of unboxing. 1 Replaced (but not under warranty WTF)
RIFT S Purchased 27th July 2020 lost MIC 30th August 2020 - yes a month after unboxing. OCULUS products suck and support DONT CARE

ZAF
Honored Guest
4th RIFT. 3 CV1s All ear phones break within few months of unboxing. 1 Replaced (but not under warranty WTF)
RIFT S Purchased 27th July 2020 lost MIC 30th August 2020 - yes a month after unboxing. OCULUS products suck and support DONT CARE