cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Giant Steam Summer Sale 2020 Has Begun - 25% off Alyx - and much more!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
More here: 

https://store.steampowered.com/vr/

Edit: A better (more comprehensive) link to all discounted VR games:

https://store.steampowered.com/search/?vrsupport=402&specials=1

Unfortunately, I think I already own all the titles I find interesting, sigh... 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

111 REPLIES 111

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Ya, when my wife boasts about buying things On Sale I always tell her that she Saving ourselves Rich, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Well fml. Just spent more than I probably should have lol

Terraria
Devil May Cry 5
A Plague Tale: Innocence
Dead Cells
Slay the Spire
Metroid Exodus Gold

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

pyroth309 said:

snowdog said:

Must...resist...must...resist... ???

I put what I wanted in the basket and waited to see if I could resist the purchase button. I lasted the whole day but failed just before midnight.

Yea, resistance is futile for me lol. Just picked up Dirt Rally 2 goty edition pretty cheap for 70% off. And Boiling Steel for 9.99.
Also grabbed Budget cuts 1 & 2, Into the Radius, The Room VR for some small discounts. Wolfenstein Cyberpilot for 7 bucks, Hellsplit arena and others. I hate(love) Steam sales.

Valve said that Budget Cuts was an inspiration for Alyx, but I always thought that game looked like some low-poly, silly and semi-boring game. I'd love to be wrong - so, is it good? 🙂

https://www.vg247.com/2020/04/07/budget-cuts-half-life-alyx-boneworks-valve/

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

pyroth309
Visionary
Don't ask me, i haven't played it yet lol. I picked it up because it was cheap and was among the top played VR games.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

pyroth309 said:

Don't ask me, i haven't played it yet lol. I picked it up because it was cheap and was among the top played VR games.

But then you're forcing me to do the same thing  :#   😄   

Steam recently warned me than I'm refunding too many games and asked me to read more reviews  o:)

But did just buy (before the summer sale, sigh):
Blueplanet VR (totally awesome using high-res lcd hmds)
The Wizards Dark Times (has native Oculus driver support - best on CV1, needs asw 2.0)
Yesterday Origins (yes, pancake, but point'n click adventure)
Project Cars 2 (just to see it, but 50GB... sigh - does run great using Index res 125%)
Street of Rage 4 (also pancake - for the kids and some family local co-op  o:)) 

Refunded:
Explore Fushima Inari (boring, not made for lcd hmds)
Contractors (forgot there's no singleplayer)
Down the Rabbit Hole (it was a fullblown Quest port :# )
Obra Dinn (2D, great Metascore, but way too much nostalgia for my taste)
Grip: Combat Racing (not great enough, my backlog only includes shiny stuff B) )

RuneSR2 said:

Steam recently warned me than I'm refunding too many games and asked me to read more reviews  o:)

hmmm, didn't realise they did that, wonder what the progression would be if you ignored that advice. Seems a legit thing to do if for example you're a games reviewer.

I don't think I'd ever have an issue there though as I've never refunded a game... I must be easily pleased.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
i get why valve put limits on. personally i i have refunded 3 games one from steam and 2 from oculus .
as for the sale.    The Mages Tale isnscreaming at me to buy for 6;quid odd but truth is i already have to many games and not enough time

PS i dont think a games reviewer is a legit reason to refund games myself.

partly because 1) why should they be allowed to get a game for free to review if they are not sent one and 2) because most games I would say it takes more than 2 hrs gameplay to give a fair review......... any reviewer abusing the valve refund policy to review games is likely to give a half baked review imo
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I purchased Raw Data and Drop dead at about £6 each.

The reason why I think it's legit is because they're not sent one so they can give an unbiased review or at least be seen to be unbiased. They can buy it of course and get recompense from viewing figures from their channel or whatever but that brings its own pressures and temptations by way of maximising likes and views. 2 hours of play, max, isn't like it's getting the game for free.

And I realise 2 hours isn't going to be a full play thorugh but it's been enough for me to decide whether I like a game or not... and indeed 2 hours forms the basis of Steam's decision to refund or not so they must think it's long enough for that purpose.

pyroth309
Visionary
I think the steam refund warning is a ratio type deal. I've returned dozens of games but I've bought hundreds so I've never been warned lol. I think the warning just says that the refund system isn't for trying out games. Had a friend who got it because that's what he was doing. I'm not sure what follows if you continue to do it. Maybe they wont' grant refunds anymore?