cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast Issue

znorthrip
Honored Guest
Hello All, just bought a Quest and a Chromecast. The issue I am having is the chromecast doesnt show up in the app, just 'phone'. I can cast if I use a third party app and cast my screen phone but the quality is bad. I have ensured I am on the 5G network with all 3 devices, the name of the Wifi Broadcast is different than the 2G network. I have rebooted several times, ensured I can cast a laptop to the chromecast. I am using an Iphone xs max, but I did try it on an android phone as well as a samsung tablet. I get the same results. Am I missing something or do I need an update that isnt available to me?
23 REPLIES 23

AbbaYosh
Honored Guest
I wouldn't be at the end of this thread if I wasn't have the same trouble but I did stumble upon a scenario that fixed it for me.  I tried moving devices across 2G to 5G wifi connections in just about every scenario but so it's hard to say what was the actual fix.  Coincidentally, what I did might have been the issue or not but it's worth sharing since no one mentioned this part yet.  In the Oculus App cast page I could see my Quest device with a green status in the Cast From section and in the Cast to section, all I saw was my phone.  The phone had a blue check box next to it, but the Quest did not.  When I clicked on the Quest icon, a blue checkbox appeared and then my chromecast icon was listed.  Now I could select my chromecast device.  All are on 5G.  All have been rebooted a couple of times.  All are upgraded to the lastest firmware.  I even set the chromecast device to preview program just to make sure . Hope this helps anyone else.

Dreadnought6570
Honored Guest
Not an app or version issue can confirm
This works fine on 2.4 and 5ghz if I use my phone hotspot as the router.  However on two different routers I have not been able to find the setting that is enabled/disabled on my phone that is stopping it on your average home router. 

Does work perfectly on phone hotspot with latest updates

flashstep92
Honored Guest

Works fine on my current standard chromecast and my vizio tv. Haven't been using it because the red dot annoys me.

you can turn that red dot off in the settings 
may have to be in developer mode 

zephyr2555
Honored Guest
usgcm8wickfy.png
I've been dealing with the exact same Chromecast issue that everyone else has had, and the solution that FINALLY worked for me was allowing Point to Point connections in my wifi router's settings. This is a UniFi router but I believe most other routers have the same setting. I'd be interested to know if this works for anyone else.