cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quest PC Link, my 5600 XT is not supported.

Kamotsusen
Explorer
I'm stuck with something weird.

I upgraded my video card yesterday from 480 to a 5600XT and before I bought it made sure it was on the support list. But it kept on saying it was not supported, so I went the whole mile since I needed to do some maintenance on my computer anyway.

Got the latest Drivers of all my devices, Did the BIOS updates for both my mainboard and the new video card, reinstalled windows 10 last night. Still getting the same message.

The message it self would not be a problem but the image is very stuttery when I move my head around and is pretty anoying. 

Did I overlooked something stupid? or is the 5600 XT simply not supported?
24 REPLIES 24

DukeBalek
Honored Guest
maybe i should have chosen sapphire yeah ...

Kamotsusen
Explorer
-snip- not correct 

The only thing that keeps on happening is the "not supported" message and I gave the logs to the support team to sort them out.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Honestly how hard is it to check if your specs are compatible?
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

Kamotsusen
Explorer

TomCgcmfc said:

Honestly how hard is it to check if your specs are compatible?

Very easy to check.... and then cross your f'n fingers and hope to god that the people writing the drivers and the engineers that designed the boards also kept their end of the bargain. But we all know it's not always the case.

Kamotsusen
Explorer
Did some more digging and with feedback from support it seems this has to do with the Windows 2004 update. From what I understand the new Microsoft Basic Render Driver WDDM 2.7 takes control when activating the Oculus PC Link when your VGA driver is not (fully) Windows 2004 compatible.

As far I can see using a WHQL driver forces windows to adapt a lower WDDM model that seems to resovles the issue.

The compatability issue still seems to a mistery tho.

Kamotsusen
Explorer
I'm not sure what magic AMD pulled out of their *CENSORED* but their new drivers work perfectly!

The Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.7.1 Drivers are.... I would say "MANDATORY" for 5600XT users.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The new AMD drivers work? I have a Gigabyte Gaming OC 5600XT and everything works fine with Adrenaline 20.4.2. I have been holding off on updating since the previous driver fiasco which ruined my link experience to the point I had to roll back. I have not updated my Windows either 🙂 I think I will wait for a while. Like my Dad used to say. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Megalithik
Expert Protege
Oculus is like a year or sometimes two behind recent GPUs that appear in their compatible GPU check file.  Just ignore it and carry one .  You can't do anything about the error.

nishruu2
Protege
Reading is also amazing

d3x79
Honored Guest

I also have a RX 5600 XT and the same problem. I asked Oculus Support for help. I wrote an email twice and got the same answer twice. The customer is completely left in the lurch here. As a customer you can unfortunately not expect any support. It is also sad that only older cards are supported.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to Oculus Support.

I understand that you're experiencing issue with your Rift S. No worries, I will be happy to look into this for you.

We highly recommend to check ....... the minimum requirements and system specifications for your PC to be compatible with your headset.

To update your drivers to the latest version, please.........

If you meet the compatibility requirements, please.........more information on setting up your device.

if you would like us to take a closer look you could install the Oculus Software and send the diagnostic logs:

1. Open the Run window (Windows key + R).
2. Enter and run: C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics\OculusLogGatherer.exe
* The above link is the default directory. Bear in mind that if you installed Oculus Home to another drive you will need to update the command with the correct file path.
3. Select the checkbox next to ‘Full logs’.
4. Select "1 day" from the "Collect last" drop down list.
5. Wait for the log collection to finish. This can take some time to complete.
6. The program will automatically generate a zip file containing your logs, which will be saved to your desktop automatically.
7. Attach the newly created zip file to your next support response.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warms regards,

Aaron Enoch
Oculus Support