cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can Only See On Monitor And Not Quest Using Oculus Link

Starman1849
Explorer
Hello! I am having trouble with my quest when using oculus link. Whenever I plug in my quest I go through the set up and everything works until I start playing a game (Roblox VR). Whenever I go into the game I can see in my monitor what i should be seeing in my quest, but whenever I put on the headset it is just a black screen. My guardian still works, but I can not go to the home screen, and I can not see anything other than my guardian. Whenever I move my controllers and head it works in the Roblox VR game, but I can only see it on my monitor. I am using a ten dollar USB 3.1 to USB c cable from amazon for my oculus link cable. My thought is to get a new cable but I wanted to see if there is anything else I can do before I purchase a new cable. Any suggestions?
14 REPLIES 14

enigma01
Trustee
I take it you have followed the instructions to enable Unknown Sources within the Oculus desktop app etc? 

Do any other games or experiences work with your existing cable? If they do, then I doubt it's the cable causing the problem. 

Starman1849
Explorer
I have turned on Unknown Sources and i cant try any other game, because i dont know of any other free game.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Try it with the charging cable that came with the Quest and see if you get an image in headset of at least Oculus Home with Link.

Starman1849
Explorer
Whenever I use the cable that came with the quest it doesn't work, and it says that you cant use the original cable that came with the quest.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever I use the cable that came with the quest it doesn't work, and it says that you cant use the original cable that came with the quest.

Oculus changed that in latest version of software.
But if you already tried and it did not work for you that is another thing.

Starman1849
Explorer
yea, I already tried it and it didn't work. Sorry to respond so late.

Starman1849
Explorer
I saw on another forum that I had to go to settings and restart my oculus software, along with restarting my headset, and disconnecting the cable, but that didn't do anything. I'm still having trouble with it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does the Oculus PC app recognize your Quest. In the device menu does it say connected. If so, then you may be right. All cables are not created equal. I have had many issues over the years that were a result of less capable or actually faulty cables

Starman1849
Explorer
yes, it does say its connected, and recognized.