cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 18.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 7/9/2020 - As part of an update to the v19 PTC software that is now available, we have included improvements to touch controller tracking for Rift / Rift S users. This should help mitigate the unexpected tracking behavior that some of you have been experiencing since we released v18. If you have encountered this bug, please opt-in to the v19 PTC to try out the latest updates and let us know if you’re seeing an improvement in controller tracking. Our team will continue to investigate and work on this - as always, thanks for your patience and understanding!

Update 7/6/2020: 
Hey folks - Thanks to everyone who has reported bugs in our most recent software update. We are aware that this update has caused hand tracking to not work as intended for some Rift users. We appreciate your patience as we work on implementing a fix - more to come.

These features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of 06/29/2020

Oculus Link

• Improved translation accuracy on predicted-poses. This improves the visual stability of up-close content under fast head motion.
  • Fixed an issue where a gamepad could not be paired if only Quest was paired with the Oculus desktop app.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Quest from being detected by a PC event though it’s plugged into a compatible port. 

If you encounter any bugs or issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. You can also reach out to our customer support team here. If you're reporting something that you'd like assistance troubleshooting, please be sure to include logs. Instructions for how to do so can be found as part of our pinned thread here. Thanks!
87 REPLIES 87

Kareshi
Heroic Explorer
Holy sh**t are you serious? It's been more than 6 months and there has been absolutely 0 mention of Rift/Rift S in a post dedicated to the PC Software Build, which is made for Rift/Rift S.

dhrto
Expert Protege
All signs are saying jump ship to me. I doubt there will ever be a CV2 and in the unlikely event there ever will be, I doubt we could re-use the old sensors, as opposed to the Index.

Bah, maybe I should have chosen the original Vive over the CV1 after all. But oh well, hindsight is always 20/20 like they say... Anyway it's been a swell ride these past 4 years. I'm rather glad I didn't purchase that much in the Oculus software store (not that their sales were ever very enticing).

morphee7
Expert Protege
oh christ the download had started while i was racing, now im off the rift s im scared after this update it will kill my headset with again nothing on the rift's on the release notes....... im scared............ very scared

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

dhrto said:

All signs are saying jump ship to me. I doubt there will ever be a CV2 and in the unlikely event there ever will be, I doubt we could re-use the old sensors, as opposed to the Index.

Bah, maybe I should have chosen the original Vive over the CV1 after all. But oh well, hindsight is always 20/20 like they say... Anyway it's been a swell ride these past 4 years. I'm rather glad I didn't purchase that much in the Oculus software store (not that their sales were ever very enticing).

I understand your frustration as I have two CV1s (and a Quest). But the Quest has proven that the future of VR is untethered, whether it is increasingly powerful self-contained units, or more efficient wireless solutions. External sensors, including light house are dead end technology.

I think Oculus is in a prime position to own this space. If by jumping ship you mean to the Quest, then I agree, though obviously Quest as is, is a dead product with no future. Quest's successor is the future. If you mean jump to something other than Oculus, those ships are all sinking as well, and unless they come out with tetherless solutions, they will be dead ends too. 

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2

bitzie
Expert Protege
Great update! So happy to see you're still committed to supporting all of your current hardware!

Serious question here. Does Oculus/Facebook even allow Rift S hardware in any of their locations anymore? Has the term "Rift S' been completely expunged from all documents and been forbidden to even say? Do you completely deny the very existence of the Rift S? Or do you just enjoy spitting in the face of every Rift S owner?

Go pound sand Oculus/Facebook. You're still selling the Rift S and yet you obviously do not care about supporting it any longer. As soon as my Index purchase email arrives, I'm gone and good riddance to your completely scummy business practices. If you're still selling hardware, you should still be supporting it. You're scumbags through and through.

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL, yet another update for the Quest.
I guess Rift and Rift S are just "hangin in there".

GamingTC2
Protege

dburne said:

What do you want fixed with your Rift (S)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

GamingTC2 said:

dburne said:

What do you want fixed with your Rift (S)?

Nothing I am aware of that needs "fixing" on my end. My Rift S works fine every time.
However new features and enhancements are being pushed to the Quest. Just have a look at the V18 release notes posted for the Quest.  This has been going on a while now.

Globespy
Expert Protege

morphee7 said:

oh christ the download had started while i was racing, now im off the rift s im scared after this update it will kill my headset with again nothing on the rift's on the release notes....... im scared............ very scared

And how did it go morphee7?
Everything running fine?