cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rift S touch controllers flickering again

AMacdonald
Protege
For a day or two now, presumably since the latest update, my touch controllers have started flickering in-game, but not all the time. The Oculus menu is fine but as soon as Home loads, one or other of the touch controllers will start flickering and vibrating at a fairly constant rate. It usually seems to be the right controller but it sometimes switches to the left one. I haven't been able to work out what provokes it to switch over. When it flickers, the background is visible through the controller. I've tried new batteries and tried removing them for a few minutes. When I had this problem a couple of months ago I fixed it by opting into the beta channel but I guess the poor code has caught up with me. Opting in and out of the beta channel makes no difference, nor does a full uninstall/reinstall. Again, the oculus menu is fine and the hands are visible. It's only when Home (or almost any game - Google Earth VR is fine for some reason) loads that the problems become apparent.

I see I'm not totally alone but has anyone identified a solution?
149 REPLIES 149

evilspoons983
Explorer

Oculus version 18 was broken in PTC exactly the same way like two weeks ago, they didn't fix it when it went to the main release channel.

Version 17 worked fine. I don't know how to downgrade though. Version 19 in PTC currently does not have a fix for whatever this issue is either.

It's not related to SteamVR, you can get it to do this in Oculus Home. Just load up your home and try to pick up something, it'll get flung off into the abyss or randomly start spinning or some other fun stupid thing.

storuanpd
Explorer
It feels like I am going to get a seizure... If I keep my hands out of view, it's not too bad, but playing a game like Orbus, you just cannot do that. Whatever it is, it is horrible. I will try to open up an official ticket with Oculus and see where it get's.

ColGray
Honored Guest
Glad Im not alone in this weird issue. Have the same experience since the update and am looking forward to a solution being posted.

TheKnightsRaven
Explorer
I just got my Rift S on the 30th barely two days and this update comes in and makes it unusable. It flickers between both controllers but rarely happens to both at the same time. Just hoping someone figures out how to fix it or Oculus is working on a patch to fix the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey Oculus, when people in the Public Test Channel are telling you their controllers are glitching out in v18, believe them. These things aren't just toys, there's plenty of people like me using these things for work and now you're messing with our income. There is no good, sane reason why I shouldn't be able to revert to the older version that worked just fine. This is absurd.
And no, that's not an invitation for someone to tell me to get an Index.

ageofwar666
Protege
I'm also having the controller glitch issue with a Oculus Rift s and due to the way the installer work there is no way to go back to v17

roc_dawg
Explorer
It seems a bit ridiculous that this was not found in "Dev testing".  This seems like a very straight forward bug that should have been found out before release.  I completely understand the ideal of fail fast mythology on rapid design but this bug impacts the functionality of the device without a work around and before I start getting hammered on this comment from reading many other topics it seems this is not the exception but the norm.  Plus they also dropped the "GO".  How can they drop products and continue to fail releases.  Very disappointed!!! 

roc_dawg
Explorer
haha I wonder if it was on purpose due to Steam Summer days sale.. to keep buying through oculus vs steam.. 🙂 starting a conspiracy theory 

storuanpd
Explorer
I submitted a ticket, I highly recommend  you all do it also, it's probably the only way they know it's an issue for many people. I have a feeling they might not read this forum too often..

Crqist
Protege
Yea i submitted one 2 hours ago