cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will life and society "go back to normal" when the Pandemic is over?

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Since this pandemic is global, I was curious as to the thoughts of this community on the topic of whether "going back to business as usual" is realistic. It seems to be one of the most common phrases used nowadays; where the general public believes that the end of this Pandemic is just a few weeks or months away, and then life will return to normal.

I'm not one of those people. I'm one of those Joker-esque, "you've changed things, there's no going back" kinda folk.

I believe that the global workforce has already changed, and there will be new types of businesses that naturally flourish over others, even after the pandemic. Remote Work will become mainstream, and going in to an office to sit at a desk or cubicle will be treated as obsolete and antiquated; at least for that Fortune 1000 and similar type organizations.

I believe that virtual events will become preferred over standing in lines and public gatherings; which will continue to impact venues such as movie theaters and concerts.

But, I could be wrong. How about you?
26 REPLIES 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well one thing that's ALREADY changed is that I'm making sure that I'm well stocked on bog roll and cat food and my freezer is continually stocked up 😄

I've now got 22 bog rolls and will be getting another 18 tomorrow B)

I'm also going to make sure that I use hand sanitiser regularly when I'm out too, even after a vaccine becomes available for this thing. I'm also toying with the idea of doing what they do in the Far East and wear a mask when I'm out too. May sound a bit paranoid but if something like SARS3 or MERS2 or something similar gets out and about again I'm basically dead if I catch the thing so I think my paranoia is warranted in my case.

wuzp
Rising Star

snowdog said:

The Internet Toilet Paper Calculator says I hoarded 392 days worth  😐 
BTW, according to The History Channel, the Black Plague lasted four years.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I've just been using the leaves on my neighbors bushes.

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
I’m saying yes/no because I really don’t know, lol!
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I wonder how many people have died of a heart attack because they are too scared to go to hospital with this virus about. I also listened to a cancer doctor speaking recently. He spoke about the probability of more deaths from cancer due to it not being diagnosed earlier. I live near a Hospital and I'm used to hearing about 20 plus ambulances a day. During this pandemic I've heard about 3 ambulances pass each day.
People should not be scared and should ring an ambulance if they need to.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Not a word about politics in here!   o:)

https://youtu.be/r8yOv4PwttM

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable

wuzp said:

snowdog said:

The Internet Toilet Paper Calculator says I hoarded 392 days worth  😐 
BTW, according to The History Channel, the Black Plague lasted four years.

96 days here once I get those extra 18 rolls. ??

pyroth309
Visionary
I say over time yes it will go back to normal. May take years though. Nothing has changed for me other than having to stand on a line to check out at stores and such but I'm kind of a hermit. Social distancing has been music to my ears. Please keep my in laws at their own homes thx.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

pyroth309 said:

I say over time yes it will go back to normal. May take years though. Nothing has changed for me other than having to stand on a line to check out at stores and such but I'm kind of a hermit. Social distancing has been music to my ears. Please keep my in laws at their own homes thx.

I'm not looking forward to the pubs opening this weekend. I'm all for having a drink but some people can't take their drink and end up ringing for an ambulance or becoming too loud. I live in the center of town and I have to hear all this. It's been bliss not having to listen to it all, but it starts again tomorrow.
It's about time the NHS started to charge them for getting in that state and needing an ambulance, they would save a fortune.