cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v19 PTC PC Software Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 7/9/2020: As part of an update to the v19 PTC software that is now available, we have included improvements to touch controller tracking for Rift / Rift S users. This should help mitigate the unexpected tracking behavior that some of you have been experiencing since we released v18. If you have encountered this bug, please opt-in to the v19 PTC to try out the latest updates and let us know if you’re seeing an improvement in controller tracking. Our team will continue to investigate and work on this - as always, thanks for your patience and understanding!

Update 7/6/2020: 
Hey folks - Thanks to everyone who has reported bugs in our most recent software update. We are aware that this update has caused hand tracking to not work as intended for some Rift users. We appreciate your patience as we work on implementing a fix - more to come.

Oculus Link

You can now select from 4 graphics profile settings to optimize your experience with Link. The new settings options are:

• Automatic: When this option is selected, the optimal setting for your configuration will be chosen for you.
  • Performance: This setting is recommended if your configuration is lower spec.
  • Balance: This setting is recommended for mid tier spec configurations.
  • Quality: This setting is recommended for higher spec configurations.
99 REPLIES 99

Rebarb
Explorer

TheXReal said:

Andddd another one for bad update bingo.

still only thinking about that Quest and not the Rift family ~ nice one Oculus / facebook you did it again.

Can we please get some news for the Rift family, like any new updates or fixes coming ??
anything ??

Like that's ever gonna happen lol.

Seriously i'm never again buying an Oculus product 

TheXReal
Protege

Rebarb said:

TheXReal said:

Andddd another one for bad update bingo.

still only thinking about that Quest and not the Rift family ~ nice one Oculus / facebook you did it again.

Can we please get some news for the Rift family, like any new updates or fixes coming ??
anything ??

Like that's ever gonna happen lol.

Seriously i'm never again buying an Oculus product 

yeahhh same
last oculus product that's 100%.
but we can only hope the best for the people who wanna continue using there Rift and hope that Oculus / Facebook will start to listen to the community and not just think about the money... 

JBSTheGamer
Explorer
Welp another update for oculus quest. Nothing so far for the Oculus Rift S issues. I have already done ditched oculus. I have a valve index now and it work WAY better. Please dont quote me.

waynefontaine84
Explorer

Oculus Link

You can now select from 4 graphics profile settings to optimize your experience with Link. The new settings options are:

• Automatic: When this option is selected, the optimal setting for your configuration will be chosen for you.

Great! But where can I find the settings? I don't see them in the desktop app or in the headset settings?

JBSTheGamer
Explorer

Oculus Link

Great! But where can I find the settings? I don't see them in the desktop app or in the headset settings?

Please dont quote me. Also i dont use the oculus quest i use the rift s so i would not know.

LoneEcho
Expert Protege
Sold my Rift S. Thanks to Corona and shortage i managed to sell it for more than i paid for it. :D. Good thing i did. Because Facebook completely forgot that headset exists. No, not gonna buy Quest. Baiiiiii Facebook. You lost a customer.

SectionOne
Expert Protege
@ShowbizDonkey
When you say you've added a quality selection option... mind letting us know where it's at?

FelicityC
Adventurer
Fairly positive it's broken since the quest's update was broken and broke half the UI, so I'm not convinced it exists anywhere.
Kinda funny tbh they'd just put it in notes without any indication or directions. It makes me assume it was meant to work instantly from link launching... and then they broke the quest's software so it won't deal w/ it anyway.
8700k @ whatever i feel like, 2070 Super, 3200mhz 32gb memory @ CL16, 1tb wd sn750, msi z370 gaming plus, pvc pipe gun

Justinhmidou
Honored Guest
how can you build an excellent product and kill him as fast with a new product (quest) you dont even make me want to buy a Quest but i want to add 400 box more and get the INDEX.

the discounts on oculus are even a joke vs steam whatever it was a good product.
Peace

Digikid1
Consultant

how can you build an excellent product and kill him as fast with a new product (quest) you dont even make me want to buy a Quest but i want to add 400 box more and get the INDEX.

the discounts on oculus are even a joke vs steam whatever it was a good product.
Peace

Oh you can get an Index with 400 BOX?  Great!  I will be back from the recycling plant in an hour..... 😄