cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 18.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
Update 7/9/2020 - As part of an update to the v19 PTC software that is now available, we have included improvements to touch controller tracking for Rift / Rift S users. This should help mitigate the unexpected tracking behavior that some of you have been experiencing since we released v18. If you have encountered this bug, please opt-in to the v19 PTC to try out the latest updates and let us know if you’re seeing an improvement in controller tracking. Our team will continue to investigate and work on this - as always, thanks for your patience and understanding!

Update 7/6/2020: 
Hey folks - Thanks to everyone who has reported bugs in our most recent software update. We are aware that this update has caused hand tracking to not work as intended for some Rift users. We appreciate your patience as we work on implementing a fix - more to come.

These features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of 06/29/2020

Oculus Link

• Improved translation accuracy on predicted-poses. This improves the visual stability of up-close content under fast head motion.
  • Fixed an issue where a gamepad could not be paired if only Quest was paired with the Oculus desktop app.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Quest from being detected by a PC event though it’s plugged into a compatible port. 

If you encounter any bugs or issues with this software release, please be sure to report them using the Help Center > Provide Feedback option within the Oculus desktop software. You can also reach out to our customer support team here. If you're reporting something that you'd like assistance troubleshooting, please be sure to include logs. Instructions for how to do so can be found as part of our pinned thread here. Thanks!
87 REPLIES 87

legendlcox
Explorer
I have some good and bad news, after submitting the ticket for the flickering controller issue, they are in fact aware of the problem but no fix yet. 
"
Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us here at Oculus Support.

At this time, this is an issue that we are currently aware of and we have our engineering team investigating and looking into a fix.

We appreciate your patience during this process and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause"

CobaltEight
Explorer
they are in fact aware of the problem but no fix yet. 

I wonder how long that'll take lol

ageofwar666
Protege

Depends on how much they care about the Rift s?

From what I have understood from this forum they have already known about it for at least a month now and they still realised it into the official branch in the run-up to a major America holiday when they would be unlikely to look at any issues for a number of days.

ShocksVR
Superstar

Depends on how much they care about the Rift s?

From what I have understood from this forum they have already known about it for at least a month now and they still realised it into the official branch in the run-up to a major America holiday when they would be unlikely to look at any issues for a number of days.

Ya, I've seen ppl state that Oculus was aware of the 'flashing hands' bug in v18; but I honestly haven't see any talk of that bug on here or reddit PRIOR to v18 going to the stable branch this past week. 

While I understand not everyone reports their issues on the Oculus forums, you can check for yourself in the PTC 18 thread: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/89940/v18-ptc-pc-software-release-notes/p3

What you will see, and I've seen both here and reddit, is the issues of poor STEAMVR performance, which was fixed by Oculus. Perhaps that 'fix' introduced the flashing controller bug. Point being, lets look at this as a new bug and give Oculus the time to fix it (hopefully it's fixed for ppl next week)

i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

Anonymous
Not applicable

Richooal said:

...................... Mark himself said in the OC presentation of the Quest that this is their dream, this is what they want to do, this is the future, the Rift S was shown elsewhere with less talk of it, that should've shown me the intent, but I too thought it would be a safe bet to buy it and ditch my CV1.

Cheers

Like we said, when Rift S was announced, the fact that it was handed to Lenovo, and released simultaneously with the Quest, meant that there was a developing "rift" between Oculus and the Rift.
That rift is becoming a Grand Canyon.

Yes indeed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please roll back to v17 until you guys at Oculus can figure out the controller tracking bug that has left a lot of us with useless systems. 

Is anyone have a clue about how to roll back to v17 ? I also got the controller tracking issue after update

ageofwar666
Protege
If I had a hard disk with Oculus software v17 1) What files would I need 2) How do you stop the Oculus software from auto-updating?

I had to clone my hard disk due to my old one was predicted to fail on me, I did the cloning before last weeks update when everything was working fine

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I had a hard disk with Oculus software v17 1) What files would I need 2) How do you stop the software from auto updating?

There is an option to turn off auto update in main program the third option in "General" at "Setup".    

ageofwar666
Protege

If I had a hard disk with Oculus software v17 1) What files would I need 2) How do you stop the software from auto updating?

There is an option to turn off auto update in main program the third option in "General" at "Setup".    

I believe that is the option for auto-updating your Oculus store downloads

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe that is the option for auto-updating your Oculus store downloads

Correct.