cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 Available Pre-orders UP - November Release Date Confirmed

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
1,930 REPLIES 1,930

Anonymous
Not applicable
£649!!!

I thought it was supposed to be £599?!!?!?  😮

£523 is MUCH more palatable. I'd be tempted to get one if I didn't already have my Rift S, just as long as the tracking isn't shite of course!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Are those two sites any good, like if you need tech support etc? Why on earth hasn't HP uk got this on their website? I have a feeling that's why it's not £599 because it's not on their site.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
This is the official vendor HP UK are using for this product at the moment. I would imagine any support will be handled through HP themselves unless this vendor has the go-ahead to simply ship out replacements if any are faulty.

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

This is the official vendor HP UK are using for this product at the moment. I would imagine any support will be handled through HP themselves unless this vendor has the go-ahead to simply ship out replacements if any are faulty.

Will there be other companies selling it in the UK? That price seems to be a bit steep given the German site is selling it much cheaper. Why are we having to pay that amount, any idea?

Anonymous
Not applicable
You all might want to wait until Wednesday. A think tank here in the UK has suggested that Rishi Sunak, the UK Chancellor of The Exchequer, gives everyone 500 quid to kick start the economy and rescue the high street shops.

We might see the likes of PC World and Argos sell them in September.

I have my doubts that Sunak will do this, but worth waiting just in case I think! ?

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
More chance the VAT is lowered from 20% down to 17.5% or lesser. The German VAT is 16% I believe. Problem is, there is still no guarantee that you won't be hit with import charges ordering via the German website.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

I rang HP to find out about this and they said they will have them on their website in September. This vendor you linked said they take money when you pre-order and not when it's shipped. I think I'll just wait until HP has them in in September. The vendor price is also wrong and they are going to change it from the £649 it's currently at. There was some confusion about price with HP they said.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

snowdog said:

You all might want to wait until Wednesday. A think tank here in the UK has suggested that Rishi Sunak, the UK Chancellor of The Exchequer, gives everyone 500 quid to kick start the economy and rescue the high street shops.

We might see the likes of PC World and Argos sell them in September.

I have my doubts that Sunak will do this, but worth waiting just in case I think! ?

This will only be for a limited time if he does do that and vouchers will be used for businesses most hit. They won't be giving people £500 towards something like a HP Reverb, the spending will be focused on high street retail shops and things like that.

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
There is a more detailed post on Reddit about this but apparently the wrong price was listed and will now be changed. Those like me who already pre-ordered at the old price will have the difference refunded. I hope that is immediate rather than when the item ships as they already took the money.