cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP Reverb G2 Available Pre-orders UP - November Release Date Confirmed

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Just ordered mine the price is £525 including VAT & Shipping to UK. 

https://systemactive.co.uk/online/hp-reverb-g2/

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
1,930 REPLIES 1,930

Anonymous
Not applicable

RedRizla said:

snowdog said:

You all might want to wait until Wednesday. A think tank here in the UK has suggested that Rishi Sunak, the UK Chancellor of The Exchequer, gives everyone 500 quid to kick start the economy and rescue the high street shops.

We might see the likes of PC World and Argos sell them in September.

I have my doubts that Sunak will do this, but worth waiting just in case I think! ?

This will only be for a limited time if he does do that and vouchers will be used for businesses most hit. They won't be giving people £500 towards something like a HP Reverb, the spending will be focused on high street retail shops and things like that.

Yup, I'm expecting the likes of Currys and Argos to be included. You might be able to pre-order one before it goes out of date, you never know! Got my eye on a new washer dryer.

I doubt he'll do it anyway.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Fantastic! I will be keeping my eye on this one as a potential purchase.

Although, Shadow, Reverb G2? I believe you spelled, Rift CV3, wrong.
 😛 

bigmike20vt
Visionary
I ordered 2....... waiting for refund on 1.
This morning i saw them at £662 from UK supplier and 552 delivered to UK from Germany so ordered one.  Then it was announced it was a pricing error and was reduced to £525 in UK delivered.   I would much rather have official UK device incase of warranty issues esp with us crashing out of EU next year so ordered my 2nd unit.

I just know I am gonna end up with 2.... oh well am sure it will be sorted out before I have to pay cc bill
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
If not, tell the missus you bought her a present ???

bigmike20vt
Visionary

snowdog said:

If not, tell the missus you bought her a present ???

i think 2 headsets in 1 room is enough (I will keep the rift for my pinball pc.... its also powerful enough for other vr stuff as well as pinball so may set up some 2 player games.
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
I can't wait to hear your reaction @Bigmike20vt it will be like someone rinsed the bleach out of your eyes. The gulf between Rift and G1 is substantial. I assume it's greater with the G2. As Zenbane points out, design wise they could be mistaken for Rift 2.0.

Take-note team Oculus, people still do get excited over PCVR headsets. Additionally, you can't keep Snowdog waiting forever.

😛 

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
It will indeed be interesting to read some reviews. Since Valve is helping the G2, it could be interesting with a G2 vs. Index showdown in Alyx, G2 may win res and has the exact same sound - but Index has external tracking, full finger tracking controllers, much higher refresh rates and bigger fov - and native Steam drivers, although I don't know the importance of the latter.
No doubt the jump from CV1 to G2 will be profound, as it also is jumping from CV1 to the Index in games made for lcd hmds (or bright games that unintentionally just look great with lcd hmds). I do doubt that many will love not having the deep oled blacks in several games - and then there's performance (with no ASW 2.0 support) and the blurry temporal antialiasing image quality in the Revived top Oculus exclusive games.
Like Phantom: Covert Ops - it looks really bad played with a lcd hmd. 2c.

Oculus only needed to put the Quest lenses in the CV1 and they could have ruled the world  😞 - And then have made it possible only to buy the hmd for those who already had Touch and sensors (the green/environment-friendly upgrade path  o:)  )

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
What the lord giveth, the lord taketh away.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
On the bright side, Lucky's Tale may look the best ever with the G2  😄 - While Asgard's Wrath with High or Epic setting may incur some ... wrath 😉

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just pulled the trigger myself on the Reverb G2 Pre-Order. I look forward to trying this headset out whenever I do get it.
I will be keeping my Rift S for the Oculus Games I enjoy. If the Reverb G2 is everything some think it will be, I will be using it for all my other games, namely flight sims which is where I spend most of my time. And of course another play through of Half Life Alyx with the new headset.