cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Quest Head strap broken

andvari3d
Honored Guest
So, I broke my head strap. Didn't apply any particularly strong force and the Quest was only used by adults.   I was unable to find any head strap replacement in the store.  IS there any way to fix it ? 

PS: I was in a business conference in London 2 weeks ago and bought the Quest there but I'm back in Chile now so RMA is not the best option. 

cm7dubsxlja8.jpgceoz270vxu0p.jpg7yzm23n3sr85.jpg
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
@andvari - it's not broken. Follow his guide and you should be able to fix the strap.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@andvari go to 2:37 on the video

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you can't fix it by pushing back the strap so it clicks back into place. Then I'd contact oculus support in the country where you purchased it. Hopefully they will send you a replacement to your home country.

andvari3d
Honored Guest
Hello VRBabe.  Well that's not what happened with my strap. I did the Deluxe audio strap mod so I know how to lift the string thing and take the strap apart, but mine broke on a different point.  Thanks for your help anyway 🙂

DanWelds19
Honored Guest
My head strap was eaten by a current foster dog and I need a new one. 

HBomb1303
Honored Guest
Did you find a fix for this as mine has done exactly the same? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
It definitely looks broke.. snapped right off. If Oculus won't replace I suggest you post the area you live and ask if anyone has replaced theirs with DAS, Halo strap and would be willing to give/sell their old strap to you. There are probably lots of people that have their old strap hanging around. Can't hurt to see. Or conversely buy a Halo strap yourself. Money well spent if you're going to have to put money out for an original anyways.

Psychocreepr
Honored Guest
i used gorilla glue and a small amount of duct tape and it fixed the problem