cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain while connected unpredictable

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
I'm curious to know why the Oculus Go behaves the way it does.

If I have it plugged in while it has a full charge and play Republique it doesn't lose any charge. But if I use the battery and plug it in when it's at around 20% the battery eventually drains to 0% which I can run for maybe 15 minutes and then the device turns off automatically without a heat warning. I imagine this is a software issue because the science doesn't make sense to me at all.
2 REPLIES 2

TomCgcmfc
MVP
MVP
Maybe do a bit more research on lithium ion batteries.  When they get down to low levels below about 25% (depends on pack specs) they can often discharge very quickly under load).

As a general rule of thumb, charge your Go to at least 80% before using it connected to your charger.  Without it connected to your charger avoid discharging below 30%.  After this let it cool down before charging it again and avoid using it until it is at least 80%, preferably 100%.  Do this and your Go battery will last a long time.
i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

aguy10
Heroic Explorer
Ok. Thanks for advice. I'm a bit confused about this remark.

"Without it connected to your charger avoid discharging below 30%"

Wouldn't you say "With it connected to your charger avoid.."

Since with the cable connected it would be charging and get even hotter no?.