cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Software Build 19.0 Release Notes

ShowbizDonkey
Retired Support
These features and enhancements will become available throughout the week of 7/20/20

Oculus Link

You can now select from 4 graphics profile settings to optimize your experience with Link. The new settings options are:

• Automatic: When this option is selected, the optimal setting for your configuration will be chosen for you.
  • Performance: This setting is recommended if your configuration is lower spec.
  • Balance: This setting is recommended for mid tier spec configurations.
  • Quality: This setting is recommended for higher spec configurations.

Learn more about the optimal settings for your configuration.

Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that caused tracking to not work as intended for some Rift users.
  • Fixed an bug with Link that caused some AMD GPUs to show a black screen when launching apps. 
84 REPLIES 84

HiThere_
Superstar

TomCgcmfc said:

@HiThere_  Maybe time to update to Win10.

Maybe time for the users reporting the same v19 breakdown as mine on their Win10/CV1-S, to update to Win11 🙂

But right now I'll avoid updating anything until someone figures out how to fix this v19 issue.

PS : My 128Go Win7 SSD is full (despite no games on it), and Win10 clear install can wait until AMD switches to socket AM5/DD5, for the sake of running a gen2 PC VR headset (hopefully 2022).

dhrto
Expert Protege
My Rift CV1 updated here to v19 without problems fortunately! There was a notice of updating drivers too, and that went without a problem as well. Since there's no choice / Oculus is forcing us to update to the latest version, I'm always a bit tense with these updates, wondering if my 4 year old, out-of-warranty CV1 will live to see another day after... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

dhrto said:

My Rift CV1 updated here to v19 without problems fortunately! There was a notice of updating drivers too, and that went without a problem as well. Since there's no choice / Oculus is forcing us to update to the latest version, I'm always a bit tense with these updates, wondering if my 4 year old, out-of-warranty CV1 will live to see another day after... 

I wouldn't sweat it too bad. I never had a problem with my CV1 throughout all of it's updates, and yet to have a problem with my Rift S ( got over a year ago) with all of it's updates. Same with Quest. Each one has been a smooth transition for me, and I suspect for the majority as well. 

Not to take away though from those that do have issues, as with anything there likely will be some that do have issues, which hopefully gets resolved at some point for them. And I am sure it is very frustrating for those that do.

SeekNDestr0y
Explorer

HiThere_ said:

Well in my case it's the original CV1 rift on Windows 7 with Intel I5-2500k processor and GTX 970 (Touch with 2 sensors) that shows a black screen because of that patch... that was meant to fix a black screen bug with the link on AMD GPUs... by shifting that bug to me apparently 😞

If I put my headset on it does automatically launch the Oculus Store as usual, if I launch something using my mouse I can keep generating sounds so the application hasn't crashed : It's running it just isn't displaying.

Post your newly affected configurations here, to help Oculus notice a trend in the new bug they just created, before they spread it more.

PS : I haven't tried updating the GPU driver or anything, to avoid adding a problem to the problem (NVIDEA driver 8.1.940.0).

Same thing happened to me. Similar specs to you: Win 7, I5-6500, GTX 1070. Drivers updated my CV1 into a paperweight. Valve forced a SteamVR update earlier this summer that did the same thing when trying to play SteamVR games. I missed out on the entire Steam summer sale. Now that Valve fixed that, Oculus goes and takes it down for all platforms. So much for catching up on my VR library this summer. Come on, Oculus. Fix this!!!

Dracio
Explorer
when i connect my rift after teh update it will only recognize my USB 3 port as a USB 2 port. This results in programs closing after some seconds using them. It was all working perfectly BEFORe the update. Is it possible to roll back this bug-update?

HiThere_
Superstar

Fertzz said:

Fixed it. Found a helpful post on here. 
Had to unplug it and restart pc. Then start oculus software put usb in then display adapter 5 seconds after

Doesn't seem to work for me. Could you link that post ?

evilzeb
Honored Guest
Il mio Oculus Rift S ancora si scollega dopo circa 10 minuti di gioco e si ricollega da solo. In registro di sistema mi sa sempre lo stesso errore: 
UserModePowerService
Reimpostazione dello schema criteri del processo C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (ID processo:6576) da {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} a {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}

SpinoCubeGamer
Honored Guest
Still have tracking issues with the rift s, it keeps telling me there are problems with my USB and tracking. i have tried unplugging, updating drivers and tons of other things still doesn't work, thought the update was going to make it work again but still nope.

cigaremoods
Heroic Explorer
Buongiorno,

significa che hai un problema con l'alimentatore.
Questo potrebbe provenire dall'alimentatore che è troppo basso per la configurazione del computer.

Pensa anche a interrompere la gestione economica del consumo delle tue porte USB che può bloccare l'uso di USB.

Cordiali saluti

evilzeb said:

Il mio Oculus Rift S ancora si scollega dopo circa 10 minuti di gioco e si ricollega da solo. In registro di sistema mi sa sempre lo stesso errore: 
UserModePowerService
Reimpostazione dello schema criteri del processo C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime\OVRServer_x64.exe (ID processo:6576) da {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c} a {8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c}

MSI Z790 ACE, MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, I7 14700K, Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 32 go, 2 x Samsung SSD 980 PRO M.2 PCIe NVMe 2 To

Pivot2163
Explorer
Anyone else back to the old Guardian reset every time you use the headset? I was thinking it was a SteamVR issue but having removed that and completely wiped my Oculus install then started OVER, nope, it's Oculus. What a total PIA.